By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Society lets you go from an asshole to "truther" with one word

the-pi-guy said:
Why don't we just be nice to.... everybody?

Because in the world of SJW's and tumblerinas, we must respect everyone equally as long as you're not:

White

Male

CIS

Heterosexual

Conservative

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

But I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm being oppresed because of my race or gender. Because I'm not and anybody who think that we are is kidding themselves.

But then again nobody is oppressed because of their race and gender in the Western world. Disadvantaged, yes, but oppressed, come on.

We all face disadvantages for the way we were born. Black guys get 30% lower response rate on online dating sites. White guys have to listen to SJWs guilt-tripping them for what people with similar skin color who may or may not be their ancestors did 200 years ago. We all carry our crosses, mate. In fact, people not believing that is one of them.

Lawlight said:
Normchacho said:

No! Not at all lol! I didn't have anything to do with Slavery or oppressing anyone. Hell, my family didn't even come to the US till after they free'd the slaves. I'm not hiring anyone and paying women less or whatever. My actions are 100% my own and I'll feel guilty when I fuck something up, but not a moment sooner.

But I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm being oppresed because of my race or gender. Because I'm not and anybody who think that we are is kidding themselves.

So, your actions are your own but you can speak for a whole race / gender?

I don't have to. Look at the OP. If your major complaints about injustice and hipocricy in society are about who gets to make jokes about who, things aren't that bad. Especially considering all of the things going on that ARE worth worrying about and that ARE worth saying something about? Things that people of all races, genders, religions, whatever, have to work through and live with? In a world where getting an eductation is both more important to have and more difficult to attain I'm supposed to sit here and nod my head and get angry about someone making jokes about white people?

In fact, I find it demeaning that I'm supposed to do anything but laugh at a thread like this. It's offensive that people would think it's worth our time to complain about nonsense like this.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Lawlight said:

I don't have to. Look at the OP. If your major complaints about injustice and hipocricy in society are about who gets to make jokes about who, things aren't that bad. Especially considering all of the things going on that ARE worth worrying about and that ARE worth saying something about? Things that people of all races, genders, religions, whatever, have to work through and live with? In a world where getting an eductation is both more important to have and more difficult to attain I'm supposed to sit here and nod my head and get angry about someone making jokes about white people?

In fact, I find it demeaning that I'm supposed to do anything but laugh at a thread like this. It's offensive that people would think it's worth our time to complain about nonsense like this.

Listen, it's more on a broad spectrum. As I said, i don't care about the jokes. What's irritating is the double standards placed upon groups of people for no reason.

Forget the jokes. Think about political issues and such. A great example is police brutality. 

Life is hard, which is why I'd rather not see people make it harder for certain groups of people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Psychotic said:
Normchacho said:

But then again nobody is oppressed because of their race and gender in the Western world. Disadvantaged, yes, but oppressed, come on.

We all face disadvantages for the way we were born. Black guys get 30% lower response rate on online dating sites. White guys have to listen to SJWs guilt-tripping them for what people with similar skin color who may or may not be their ancestors did 200 years ago. We all carry our crosses, mate. In fact, people not believing that is one of them.

Of course. Everyone has their problem, and yes, everyone has their crosses to bare. But am I really supposed to believe that being called a racist or a sexist (both of which I have been called) is the same as being less likely to get a job, or being vastly more likely to get raped?

Don't get me wrong, as I said in an earlier post, I don't feel guilty about other peoples hardships. But that doesn't mean it's okay to belittle them.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Without commenting on which one is right or wrong (or neither) there is one example that always makes me chuckle.

"He was at that seedy bar downtown and got stabbed. He really needs to stop hanging out with those people." -- Common sense.

"She was at that seedy bar downtown and got raped. She really needs to stop hanging out with those people." -- Victim blaming.

It is bizarre indeed how applying the same logic to 2 issues gets you hate on one side but just a nod of... "yeah of course that is right" on the other side.

Is my favourite instance of this by far.

@OP though, Hershel I like you on VGchartz, just saying, you come up with some decent threads, just be careful not to ruffle feathers too much with this... it's kinda the elephant in the PC room right now... most people know what point you're making and how you are right about it but that doesn't mean if you go around riding that elephant that it's going to be happy with you on its back :) I know the logic should be that of Trey Parker and Matt Stone with South Park when they came out and said that with the show... they wanted to make fun of everything, because if there was something they didn't make fun of, it would have been them admitting that that thing was far worse than everything else they've joked at in their past. Still though, remember feather ruffling and your thread last week about it! Mind yourself.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Normchacho said:
Lawlight said:

So, I take it that you find people complaining about being fat shamed offensive as well? I mean by your own logic, there's way more things to worry about. 

Normchacho said:
Psychotic said:

Of course. Everyone has their problem, and yes, everyone has their crosses to bare. But am I really supposed to believe that being called a racist or a sexist (both of which I have been called) is the same as being less likely to get a job, or being vastly more likely to get raped?

Don't get me wrong, as I said in an earlier post, I don't feel guilty about other peoples hardships. But that doesn't mean it's okay to belittle them.

Listen, the jokes is something 80% of people could care less. Sure, you may give a response, but it's usually small and you move past it.

I'm probably more disappointed than angry. Seeing the way we've divided ourselves is what hurts the most. At first, you'd think Social Justice Warriors would help us unite and be more tolerant of one another. 

Ganoncrotch said:
pokoko said:
Without commenting on which one is right or wrong (or neither) there is one example that always makes me chuckle.

"He was at that seedy bar downtown and got stabbed. He really needs to stop hanging out with those people." -- Common sense.

"She was at that seedy bar downtown and got raped. She really needs to stop hanging out with those people." -- Victim blaming.

It is bizarre indeed how applying the same logic to 2 issues gets you hate on one side but just a nod of... "yeah of course that is right" on the other side.

Is my favourite instance of this by far.

@OP though, Hershel I hate you. Go kill yourself you Link-loving demon. Ganondorf is obviously the best character in LoZ you disgusting piece of shit.

In all seriousness, you do bring a good point. I suppose I should now be careful as to how I handle some topics. Looking at my recent thread( Harambe the gorilla), I realize some topics spark serious discussions

What is an heterosexual joke? Don't think i've seen one of those.