By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Society lets you go from an asshole to "truther" with one word

Metallox said:
zorg1000 said:
What the hell is a truther?

A guy that is truth.

"(Joke about gays)" Asshole

"(Joke about heterosexuals)" Absolutely fine

There are heterosexual jokes?

lol that reminds me, back in my high school wrestling days the coach was yelling at one of my teammates and told him to show respect, the kid responded "I AM RESPECT!!!"

But ya Ive never once heard a hetero joke in my life.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Well half of those are bad examples anyway... but...

In 28 states you can be fired for being gay without recourse. There are people actively fighting to keep it this way. Gay people can not share benefits with their partners, adopt, and so on.

Women earn significantly less than men and are often perceived as less capable despite being otherwise qualified. Studies have shown biases towards labeling women as "chatty", "talkative", or "gossipy" even in cases where they have not been.

A skinny bodytype is definitely preferred. People underweight on BMI are perceived as healthier and more attractive than those within the normal range. Magazines photoshop already thing people to make them abnormally thin, then promise advice on how to reach these unattainable goals.

If you didn't realize when you were typing it, the common denominator in all of these examples is power. The top example is an example of people in power talking about the less powerful group. Quite often these groups have the power and influence to impose, or at least attempt to impose, their will on the less powerful group. So that's the difference here.

1) are you talking about the 75 cents per dollar thing?

2) No one likes people who talk too much. period. 

3) Healthier? I'm quite sure having your rib cage visible or have layers of fat isn't healthy at all. Then again, I don't know how humans think. I avoid social media and magazines a lot, so perhaps my ignorance may show due to not being more interested in the social world.

4) I understand some people have more advantages over the other. It's irritating when people use double standards

Here, look at this study: http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

it's shown that blacks(even though they're only 20% of the population) commited 50% of all crime. Is that an issue? Of course it is. However, I will not ignore the fact that whites commited 40%, which is also a high number. Some people will choose to ignore anything a minority does and nitpick all mistakes from others. Whether if it'd be against men, whites, CIS, heterosexuals, Christians, and so on, I think the left has corrupted our process of judgement with a "agree or be an enemy" viewpoint.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

JWeinCom said:

Well half of those are bad examples anyway... but...

In 28 states you can be fired for being gay without recourse. There are people actively fighting to keep it this way. Gay people can not share benefits with their partners, adopt, and so on.

Women earn significantly less than men and are often perceived as less capable despite being otherwise qualified. Studies have shown biases towards labeling women as "chatty", "talkative", or "gossipy" even in cases where they have not been.

A skinny bodytype is definitely preferred. People underweight on BMI are perceived as healthier and more attractive than those within the normal range. Magazines photoshop already thing people to make them abnormally thin, then promise advice on how to reach these unattainable goals.

If you didn't realize when you were typing it, the common denominator in all of these examples is power. The top example is an example of people in power talking about the less powerful group. Quite often these groups have the power and influence to impose, or at least attempt to impose, their will on the less powerful group. So that's the difference here.

There are laws on the books in some states  that can send you to jail for spitting on the sidewalk but i ve never heard anyone going ot jail for it

Women benifit from affirmative action-  ie in many colleges and companies a woman with equal or lesser scores/experience/resume etc will gain admittance to a school or be given a job/promotion ahead of the very men "in power" you mention

re body type-  can t argue w you there

one person s opportunitty comes at the expense of anothers-    over time the cream rises to the top naturally-   there is nothing wrong with letting it happen naturally-   but people are afrad of what it will look like- 

Metallox said:
zorg1000 said:
What the hell is a truther?

A guy that is truth.

"(Joke about gays)" Asshole

"(Joke about heterosexuals)" Absolutely fine

There are jokes about heterosexuals?

E: Forget, definitely there are.

They're absolutely hilarious. However, apparently it's offensive if you say one thing about gays.

usually people will make jokes about straight people. I laugh it off because I'm not a baby I know that it's a joke.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Ah yes, the plight of the straight, white, man. How difficlut life has become! Why can't I say whatever I want without any repercusions!?!? What's with all these PC police and SJWs trampiling on my 1st Amendment rights!?!?!?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Real talk though. As someone who is a straight, white, man....can we please just shut up for a minute.

My demographic needs no protection. None. Who gives a shit if somebody says something mean about me, or makes a joke about my "people".

Here. I know it's just a stand up bit...but it gets the point I'm trying to make here pretty well. Edit: NSFW

e

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:

Ah yes, the plight of the straight, white, man. How difficlut life has become! Why can't I say whatever I want without any repercusions!?!? What's with all these PC police and SJWs trampiling on my 1st Amendment rights!?!?!?

You're speaking out of white guilt?

Lawlight said:
Normchacho said:

No! Not at all lol! I didn't have anything to do with Slavery or oppressing anyone. Hell, my family didn't even come to the US till after they free'd the slaves. I'm not hiring anyone and paying women less or whatever. My actions are 100% my own and I'll feel guilty when I fuck something up, but not a moment sooner.

But I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm being oppresed because of my race or gender. Because I'm not and anybody who think that we are is kidding themselves.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:
Lawlight said:

No! Not at all lol! I didn't have anything to do with Slavery or oppressing anyone. Hell, my family didn't even come to the US till after they free'd the slaves. I'm not hiring anyone and paying women less or whatever. My actions are 100% my own and I'll feel guilty when I fuck something up, but not a moment sooner.

But I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm being oppresed because of my race or gender. Because I'm not and anybody who think that we are is kidding themselves.

So, your actions are your own but you can speak for a whole race / gender?

the-pi-guy said:
Why don't we just be nice to.... everybody?

Because the world would be boring? Because some people don't deserve it? Because we have an itch to fight for what we believe in and nothing called a "fight" can be nice?