By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Kid falls in gorilla pit- gorilla is shot to death

archbrix said:

1.  Way to generalize... and exaggerate.

2.  Few are arguing against human life being paramount.  It's the human negligence that we have a problem with that needlessly resulted in an ENDANGERED SPECIES being killed.

3.  Now this I can somewhat agree with, but again, the situation would have never reached that point if it wasn't for human negligence.

1. So you do not contest the merit of what I said? Good enough for me.

2. I'll give you that one. It didn't occur to me that people value individuals of endangered species more. Because, you know, from the moral perspective it doesn't really matter... but yeah, I concede that point.

3. *Supposed* negligence.

Around the Network

Some dumb bitch can't keep an eye on her kid you expect me to feel any sympathy for that cunt. It's called eyes and a fucking brain eyes to see distance and a brain to interpret distance, oh yeah and common sense to understand that your in place surrounded by dangerous animals. The people protecting this bitch make me fucking sick to my stomach and because of this deviation of responsibility you fucking morons are going to destroy everything humanity has worked for.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Baalzamon said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Instead of directing anger at a little kid and a mother, how about the zoo? Why is a 4 year old able to get into this I enclosure?

This is wrong in sooooooo many aspects. We have become a society that literally always needs to put the burden/blame on somebody else.

There is a reason there are less than a handful of cases of children falling into a gorilla exhibit like this in the last 50 years. The zoo clearly does not need to be doing anything more to prevent this, as their current method has only allowed something to happen a couple of times in recent history.

It only takes one time of something happening to know that it needs to change. You're saying a design that only allows a child to fall in "a couple times in recent history" is good enough... I'm simply saying as a business that accepts money from people to display dangerous animals, that business should do as good a job as possible making sure those people are safe. For me, a child falling into a dangerous animals enclosure "a couple times in recent history" is "a couple times" too much.

I mean, it's a four year old kid. How can they have such bad design that a four year old can fall in? Even the fake ponds on my local amusement park with shallow water where you pay to drive RC boats has better barriers than that.

No need to say anything about society and putting the blame on someone else. I'm putting the blame right where it belongs. And you know what? The fact that they blew the gorilla away before it had a chance to do anything to the kid proves me right. And when "gorilla world" reopens, they'll have their shit together.

I know accidents happen. Its sad that the kid fell in the pit. If it was your child you would anything to save its life. They should have tranquilized it instead. Not right how they slatered the poor animal.

hershel_layton said:
Birimbau said:
SJW already entered the discussion:

let those pieces of shit fall into a cage with tigers.

You clearly have no respect for wild life. Maybe you should be dropped in a cage with a Tiger with no weapons and see how you fair. Sorry its not the Gorillas fault he got shot.

Around the Network

Couldn't they just have tranquilized the Gorilla instead?

What pissed me off even more than this is the one last week or so where a guy undressed himself and jumped into a lion den. They put down the lions. That made me rage. He voluntarily jumped in there (possibly to commit suicide) and they put the lions down to save his sorry ass.

Also, what's up with all of hese Zoos not having any non-lethal methods on hand to incapacitate these animals. They should always have a tranquilizer weapon on hand.

edit: The fuck is up with people emphasizing the boys complexion? Children sometimes do dumb things. Their skin color usually doesn't play into that.

deskpro2k3 said:

A story like this happened before 2012, and it was handled much more professionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA5ggGwFoBA

There is a Change.org petition, “Justice for Harambe,” that already has over 178,154 signatures.

That was a completly different situation in that event the kid accidently fell in and was unconscious at first and the gorillas didn't feel threatened by it.  In this case the only reason the kid fell in because he was unsupervised and was actively trying to get into the enclosure another guest almost stopped the kid but was a few seconds to late. 

John2290 said:
He's better off dead I'm sure. Captivity, something we no animals do not thrive in yet we stick them there anyway.

Actually that is not really true a lot of animals actually live longer in captivity then they do in the wild.  Also indoor cats usually live twice as long as outdoor cats.

SuperNova said:

What pissed me off even more than this is the one last week or so where a guy undressed himself and jumped into a lion den. They put down the lions. That made me rage. He voluntarily jumped in there (possibly to commit suicide) and they put the lions down to save his sorry ass.

Also, what's up with all of hese Zoos not having any non-lethal methods on hand to incapacitate these animals. They should always have a tranquilizer weapon on hand.

edit: The fuck is up with people emphasizing the boys complexion? Children sometimes do dumb things. Their skin color usually doesn't play into that.

The funny think is the kid is black not white so most of the people didn't even look at the video.  Even if it where a little more dificult to identifiy the skin color you could tell the kid was black by the way his mother sounded in the video.