By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kohler: WiiWare needs demos, storage device to match XBLA and PSN

Having fully recovered from his one-man mission to review as many WiiWare games inside 24 hours as is humanly possible, Game|Life's Chris Kohler is back with his thoughts about WiiWare in general. His verdict? Not bad, but it lacks crucial features that would elevate the service to the standards already set by Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network.

As well as doubting the value of Lonpos, Star Soldier R and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As a King in his commentary, Kohler's main bones of contention are two gripes that we're all too familiar with: the lack of demos and a storage device. As he points out, "When you buy a WiiWare game, you can't try it first, and if you don't like it, you're totally boned because you can't sell it to someone else or trade it in. WiiWare needs demos. And I bet you anything it's not going to get them."

It saddens us to say so, but we have to agree with that last bit, and a hard drive looks just as unlikely right now.

Source:  

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

agreed.

yep this is a problem but as long as people do a little research first they should be ble to get what the want and not a lemon

man those japanese launch titles are weak.

oh well, there are like 200 wiiware titles in development. hopefully like 1 in 10 will be worth it.

the storage I got it handled with an SD card, I agree with the demos. Maybe they could add wiiware demos to the ENC

Around the Network

Yes. Free demos are a real need.

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Agree with the demos.

I'm not planning on getting any WiiWare games at the moment, but it would be nice to be able to try some of them out (demos!)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

When you buy a WiiWare game, you can't try it first, and if you don't like it, you're totally boned because you can't sell it to someone else or trade it in. WiiWare needs demos.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

In other news, the sun came up this morning and pie tastes great!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."