By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer- They Are Biased Against The Wii... Their Reviews Prove It

differnt strokes for different fokea i guess, i know i like my games

Around the Network

Gamespot is another low watered piece of crud reviewer.

mM

eurogamer has low scores for every plattform, because like many european publications they tend to be pretty "harsh" (from an american point of view - in my opinion american sites/mags are scoring way too high for no apparent reason)

Big John I think it's more you being biased than any site. If you were thinking of any consoles other than the Wii you would have known to check the other two consoles' scores immediately after instead of posting this as blasphemy from Eurogamer. You know for somebody that studied at Harvard, that wasn't too bright buddy.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

@DmeisterJ: Thanks for your contribution, your post has been very helpful and constructive.

OT: Theres sites that are harsh, check out gamespot, not lately, but last year they were pretty harsh on anything that wasnt on 360.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

actually for the most part most of those look about right....just based on some other reviews ive seen...maybe a tad bit lower....but nothing huge....

@Zenfoldor; consider this; the Eu/Others region probably houses over 3-4 times as many people as NA, so with that in mind Wii sales are not that fantastic over here (nor are the other two for that matter).
And many sites/magazines give praise or critique titles based on platform; Playstation Mag, X-box mag, Nintendo Power, all examples of people who do just that, and it becomes evident when comparing their reviews to others'.
So these folks judge based on their love for the platform rather than the title, but should they not be allowed to rate games because they have bias?
That is far too idealistic an approach I think, so what I generally do is read mostly reviews written by sites/mags that do all platforms and I feel that this gives a clearer picture of things.

trestres said:
@DmeisterJ: Thanks for your contribution, your post has been very helpful and constructive.

OT: Theres sites that are harsh, check out gamespot, not lately, but last year they were pretty harsh on anything that wasnt on 360.

Thanks!  I aim to please

Mummelmann said:
@Zenfoldor; consider this; the Eu/Others region probably houses over 3-4 times as many people as NA, so with that in mind Wii sales are not that fantastic over here (nor are the other two for that matter).
And many sites/magazines give praise or critique titles based on platform; Playstation Mag, X-box mag, Nintendo Power, all examples of people who do just that, and it becomes evident when comparing their reviews to others'.
So these folks judge based on their love for the platform rather than the title, but should they not be allowed to rate games because they have bias?
That is far too idealistic an approach I think, so what I generally do is read mostly reviews written by sites/mags that do all platforms and I feel that this gives a clearer picture of things.

Yeah, but the DS sales are, and in particularly the Software sales.

I too often tend to read a large amount of reviews before I make my decision. The only game in recent memory I have bought that I didn't read a single review for, and was a spur of the moment purchase I knew nothing about, and bought because of the developer was Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, which I bought yesterday and I freakin' love it. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Mummelmann said:
Most of those seem about right, except RE of course.
Europe is not Nintendo land, it has not been since the early 90's and this is bound to show in many European reviews.
In fact; if you look closely, most low score will come from European gaming sites/magazines, its just the simple fact that Nintendo is not top dog in Europe that drags down the scores imo.
And its not like other reviewers aren't biased towards other consoles (Gamespot really picked on the PS3 up until this year and IGN seemed slightly harsh at times to the 360).
Why is it a catastrophe that not everyone in the world adores the Wii at all turns and all costs? Its doing great, stop complaining already!

Don't be foolish. If you're claiming that European websites are judging games because of the system they're on, then they are biased and shouldn't be considered credible.

Wheather they "love the Wii" or not doesn't matter. It's stupid to judge a game based on the hardware on which it performs, rather than the quality of development.

Nintendo games aren't "all the same" and grouping them together to give them a lower score just because they are made by Nintendo, a company that is "not very popular" means the reviewers are stupid and biased.

Also, I dunno if you've seen the sales figures lately, but Europe is Nintendoland, wake up. It's only the entheusiast press that refuses to accept it.

That said, I don't think any of the sites I read, European or otherwise, are biased against the Wii or any system, except for Giantbomb.com who is in the hole for Microsoft. None of these reviews are "about right" that's also retarded to say, imo, because no one person will agree with every single review out of the bunch, unless they are indeed trying to lend creedance to the website, and those people certainly haven't played, judged, and rated all the games mentioned, but I don't think any of them are ludcrious scores, out side of RE4, and even then, there is at least some semi-justification for the score.

You got it wrong, ur thinking he said eurogamer gave the wii low scores just because they dont like the system, but its more like they gave those scores because everyone else gave too high scores.