By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Damage coming to GT5 "very, very soon"...

ITs gonna be SWEET!!!!!!!

^_^

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Entroper said:
rocketpig said:
This line bugs the shit out of me:
“We’ve had a lot of discussions with the manufacturers and although at the beginning they hated the idea of deformation, now they’re slowly coming around to it. We’ve still got a few to convince, but we will. Expect deformation in the very near future: very, very soon.”

Lemme see here... I've been bashing the shit out of cars in the PGR and Forza series for years but Polyphony is still in discussions with manufacturers about it? What manufacturers? Daewoo? Every manufacturer worth a damn is already in other games and they already let gamers beat their products to a pulp.

In summary, I call shenanigans.

The line is consistent with what they've been saying for years, though. I don't know what it is about their agreements with manufacturers, but you'd think that by now, one of the manufacturers would have stepped forward and said "I don't know what they're talking about, we're fine with our cars being shown as damaged when the driver irresponsibly slams them together."

Why would a car company come out and say that? They couldn't care less what a small licensee is saying unless they're directly attacking the company, which Polyphony is not.

When Forza 2 came out, there was an interview in a Finnish gaming magazine with one of the developers and he said that it was quite hard to get some manufacturers to agree with car damage, whereas others 'only' wanted their cars to be the fastest etc. The comments were in Finnish but I'll see if I can find an English version of the same interview.

Here's at least some reference to them having to negotiate the damage modeling with some of the top-end manufacturers:

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1111&Itemid=2 

Paid by the alliance
to slay all the giants.

BenKenobi88 said:
Deformation, as in, the car being ripped to shreds I hope?

ahahahhah yup i hope so to!!!

rocketpig said:
Entroper said:
rocketpig said:
This line bugs the shit out of me:
“We’ve had a lot of discussions with the manufacturers and although at the beginning they hated the idea of deformation, now they’re slowly coming around to it. We’ve still got a few to convince, but we will. Expect deformation in the very near future: very, very soon.”

Lemme see here... I've been bashing the shit out of cars in the PGR and Forza series for years but Polyphony is still in discussions with manufacturers about it? What manufacturers? Daewoo? Every manufacturer worth a damn is already in other games and they already let gamers beat their products to a pulp.

In summary, I call shenanigans.

The line is consistent with what they've been saying for years, though. I don't know what it is about their agreements with manufacturers, but you'd think that by now, one of the manufacturers would have stepped forward and said "I don't know what they're talking about, we're fine with our cars being shown as damaged when the driver irresponsibly slams them together."

Why would a car company come out and say that? They couldn't care less what a small licensee is saying unless they're directly attacking the company, which Polyphony is not.

In all the years that this has been discussed, you don't think a journalist would have thought to ask this question of the manufacturers?

@jon, there's no rubberband AI in GT3 or GT4.

I hope damage will be in the full game!

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

damage was the only thing forza fans used to play down gt5.

now damage is coming hopefully they will stop thier bickering.

gran turismo is the best driving simulator

Just adding damage won't make it better than Forza. Their damage effects are pretty realistic and the smallest amount of damage can effect your driving. It can effect drafting, turning, even pure straight away speed. I don't know how GT has been called the best driving simulator without these things. The things Forza added are what made me switch to it from GT.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo