By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Polygon Source Info in OP - Kotaku: Xbox Slim This Year, More Powerful Xbox One In 2017, Future Titles to Release on XB/PC, Iterative boxes from now on

Updated version sounds good. Xbox one is hopelessly underpowered also Oculus compatibility is very intriguing lets just hope they make it significantly more powerful.

Around the Network

I doubt that any of it is true. Kotaku isn't really trustworthy. Phil has said they're not working on an upgraded console before.

Moved off PC because i became lazy, now being pushed back towards it. I can't win.

Aeolus451 said:
I doubt that any of it is true. Kotaku isn't really trustworthy. Phil has said they're not working on an upgraded console before.

This reply doesn't exactly sound like he's denying it:

The PS5 Exists. 

Aeolus451 said:

Kotaku isnt the only source saying this stuff though.

Phil said he isnt a fan of small upgrades. That isnt the same as saying there wont be a Xbox One ii (a one two or 1.2).

They could probably make a new Xbox thats 5 times more powerfull than the current Xbox One, and it as a upgrade to the Xb1.

It wouldnt be a "small upgrade", and Phil doesnt like the 1.5 name? meh big deal, he just names it something else even if it really is a 1.5 (ps4neo counter).

Around the Network

Didn't Phil say that he's not interested in doing upgraded consoles or is he lying again?

SWORDF1SH said:
Didn't Phil say that he's not interested in doing upgraded consoles or is he lying again?

Hes not a fan of the Xbox One & half. (1.5).

"If we’re going to move forward, I want to move forward in big numbers" - Phil.

Basically the Xbox 1.5 will just be named Xbox Two instead.

"If we’re going to go forward with anything, like I said, I want it to be a really substantial change for people — an upgrade.”

Tada... Xbox Two (1.5) a upgraded Xbox One.

Ryuu96 said:
Aeolus451 said:
I doubt that any of it is true. Kotaku isn't really trustworthy. .

Not sure how trustworthy Kotaku is tbh but The Verge has backed up the Xbox Slim rumour (Tom Warren saying it's 40% smaller) and Brad Sams from Thurrot has backed up the Kotaku article saying Kotaku has got the same information they got, Thurrot and The Verge are both very trustworthy.

Theres also that Streamer Brad Sams.

I'm not even in a Xbox One, but I do not like this direction they're heading to. Developers are obsessed with more powerful hardware to fully create their ambitious games, but that'll just screw over those who haven't upgraded to the new revisions, which I'm afraid would be released every year.... They'll try to milk the shit out of customers as they already would like to.

GribbleGrunger said:
Aeolus451 said:

This reply doesn't exactly sound like he's denying it:

Oh really?