By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Polygon Source Info in OP - Kotaku: Xbox Slim This Year, More Powerful Xbox One In 2017, Future Titles to Release on XB/PC, Iterative boxes from now on

nice can't wait for more xbox slim news at e3

Around the Network

While I maintain that Kotaku is full of shit,
This sounds like a windows 10 box that plays Xbox discs.

oh boy oh boy, I hope this is not true....

By that I mean the itineration idea.This works with phones because its a veryyy different type of market and phones have a much wider reach than videogames.If they are going down this route(I hate to be this type of guy) I can only see doom for, at the very least, the console part.

And if the GPU rumor is true, and it will be able to support the Oculus, how much is this machine is going to cost?800+ dollars?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

good on Microsoft, they are taking the right approach in this for sure. turns out both them and Sony will take a similar strategy... that's the big advantage of X86 architecture, no more problems with backwards compatibility with the bonus of a unified system where games can be developed to the fullest of their capabilities.

don't say it often but, well done Microsoft

Where does this leave Nintendo launching a console next year? I mean, now they are gonna have to have a decently powerful console. Right?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Yes! Lets kill this moronic console cycle nonsense once and for all, with proper continuity and backward compatibility. It is a dumb business model.

hear hear!! i'll drink to that

No mention of the smaller one supposed 150-175$ price tag or that its a Game Streaming box?

Gross, if true. I've zero interest in iterative consoles.

If Microsoft wants to create slimmer models with more storage capacity, more power to them. But I can't follow the company down this path.

kowenicki said:
Please be true.

Oh, I'm sure it is.  The one thing Microsoft is gonna want to do is stay competitive technically.  I fully expect them to make a Windows 10 Xbox Branded machine that plays PC and Xbox One games.  Think 'Xbox 10'.  It will probably support 4k but not 4k gameing per say (at risk of being too damn expensive... so a more powerful console, about 4-5 TFlops), backwards compatibility and VR support with Oculus.  It will be just a powerful as the Neo and it will have direct compatibility with UWP.    It would be nice if the system was upgradable, but at that point, its just a PC.  Then again, if all games work with PC anyway... I'm not sure where this leaves the Xbox unless its provides easy upgradability for the masses which is a cool idea. 

kowenicki said:
CosmicSex said:
Where does this leave Nintendo launching a console next year? I mean, now they are gonna have to have a decently powerful console. Right?

why?  thats not ther modus operandi.

Third party.  They need 3rd party to get back into the game and if Sony and Microsoft go 4k with  more powerful consoles, doesn't it seem likely that Nintendo could fall back into the Wii U slump if developers embrace more powerful consoles?