By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Update: Polygon Source Info in OP - Kotaku: Xbox Slim This Year, More Powerful Xbox One In 2017, Future Titles to Release on XB/PC, Iterative boxes from now on

Azzanation said:

I was going to buy the slim, but not if there releasing a 6tf console next year.

Its going to be funny when gamers start saying graphics dont matter if these rumours are true lol

Yes, that will be an amusing narrative on some forums on the Internets.  And I am in the same boat as you, I would gladly buy a slim, but not if these rumors are true and a super duper mega Xbone is coming.

I hope the rumors are true and it's a beast. These consoles are weak.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Azzanation said:

I was going to buy the slim, but not if there releasing a 6tf console next year.

Its going to be funny when gamers start saying graphics dont matter if these rumours are true lol

Yes, that will be an amusing narrative on some forums on the Internets.  And I am in the same boat as you, I would gladly buy a slim, but not if these rumors are true and a super duper mega Xbone is coming.

Fingers crossed!

Wow, that Xboss shirt is awesome.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Azzanation said:

These consoles are weak, i cant beleive Japan stated the PS4 is a super computer being 2tf lol.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/26/the-ps4-is-a-supercomputer-according-to-japanese-regulations-xbox-one-is-just-under-the-threshold/

Even back then 2tf was nothing. but i am interested if the new Xbox / Neo are closer to 6tf. My next PC upgrade will be 9tf (thanks to GTX1080).

I will be interested in hearing more from E3. If the Neo and Scorpio are just minor upgrades then forget it, there not worth my money.

Azzanation said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

These consoles are weak, i cant beleive Japan stated the PS4 is a super computer being 2tf lol.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/26/the-ps4-is-a-supercomputer-according-to-japanese-regulations-xbox-one-is-just-under-the-threshold/

Even back then 2tf was nothing. but i am interested if the new Xbox / Neo are closer to 6tf. My next PC upgrade will be 9tf (thanks to GTX1080).

I will be interested in hearing more from E3. If the Neo and Scorpio are just minor upgrades then forget it, there not worth my money.

are you looking to any new CPU to go with it? i'm curious to see the performance of ZEN in benchmarks optimized for Vulkan (basemark should have one soon) compared to Intel. The CPU market has been stale for ages, it really needs a kick to it's teeth.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Betcha these new XB consoles will still have a massive brick power supply lol

yeap and I wouldn't have it any other way... Integrated power supply is the most stupid scam hardware company came up with.... It's one of the most likely part to fail and need replacement, it's a massive heat source you have to deal with if integrated... And if you move around a lot the best way to protect your device is to change your power brick for one at the local power standard...

so yeah leave that brick outside it's where it's supposed to be because it's its optimal location... And unless you have your devices on a glass table in the middle of a room I don't see the issue...

setsunatenshi said:
Azzanation said:

are you looking to any new CPU to go with it? i'm curious to see the performance of ZEN in benchmarks optimized for Vulkan (basemark should have one soon) compared to Intel. The CPU market has been stale for ages, it really needs a kick to it's teeth.

I am interested in the i7 Skylake from intel, i have the old i7 from 2012 and i must say its a dream CPU. I can only imagin how good the new skylake CPU will be paired up with a 1080 GTX

Azzanation said:
setsunatenshi said:

I am interested in the i7 Skylake from intel, i have the old i7 from 2012 and i must say its a dream CPU. I can only imagin how good the new skylake CPU will be paired up with a 1080 GTX

the CPU market has been so disappointing for so long, marginal performance boosts of around 10% for premium costs is quite lackluster, especially when my I5 has been taking care of business for the last 3 years. i'll really need to see something revolutionary soon or i'll be very disappointed. a good I7 from 2012 should have you in as pretty good a state as you're probably want to be right now... don't jump into skylake until you see some gaming performance benches from both Intel and AMD that's my advice

LudicrousSpeed said:
Azzanation said:

Add me to the list of people with the same line of thinking as you.  I've been planning on getting the XBox One slim this year, but if they are going to release an upgraded version of the hardware next year, I am going to wait.

Personally, I am totally against these incremental upgrades.  That's the reason I moved away from PC gaming in the first place...

endimion said:
V-r0cK said:
Betcha these new XB consoles will still have a massive brick power supply lol

yeap and I wouldn't have it any other way... Integrated power supply is the most stupid scam hardware company came up with.... It's one of the most likely part to fail and need replacement, it's a massive heat source you have to deal with if integrated... And if you move around a lot the best way to protect your device is to change your power brick for one at the local power standard...

so yeah leave that brick outside it's where it's supposed to be because it's its optimal location... And unless you have your devices on a glass table in the middle of a room I don't see the issue...

I've never had an integrated power supply fail on me, the 360 power brick is the only one that failed...

I move my consoles around daily, ps3 and ps4 are my preferred devices as a simple standard power and hdmi cable is enough in each location. No need to dig out the power brick each time. I do move the WiiU around too and had to add a power socket inside the tv cabinet to make it a bit less annoying while tying up the cables to the little power brick. Still a pita.

It's an issue for me, extra bits hanging on are annoying. Don't want an external hdd either.