SuperNova said:
Random Star Fox bumb?

Bomba bin discounts 

Ouch.

Around the Network
padib said:
Kerotan said:

Bomba bin discounts 

Nintendo doesn't bomba bin 3 weeks after release.

Sadly they do on occasion as seen with star Fox.  They were holding out for golden week but when that failed to shift enough stock it went straight to the bomba bins. 

Kerotan said:
padib said:

Nintendo doesn't bomba bin 3 weeks after release.

Sadly they do on occasion as seen with star Fox.  They were holding out for golden week but when that failed to shift enough stock it went straight to the bomba bins. 

Is there a source for this? Seems like it's the same price as other Wii U releases per the chart in the OP (though I honestly don't follow this very closely anymore).

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

You know the market is really low when the PS4 is a """"""beast"""""" with 18k sold............

horrible week for all, especially software.

The only good thing is that PS4 is at least up YOY and 3DS is flat after 6 years.

Super_Boom said:
Kerotan said:

Is there a source for this? Seems like it's the same price as other Wii U releases per the chart in the OP (though I honestly don't follow this very closely anymore).

Famitsu charts only show MSRP, so bomba bin prices wouldn't appear there. Frankly though, it seems very likely that the game has seen dramatic retailer pricecuts (a lot of games do in Japan), because it hasn't sold very well, and the shipment seemed to be rather sizable, judging from first week sales and shipment sellthrough%.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Super_Boom said:

Famitsu charts only show MSRP, so bomba bin prices wouldn't appear there. Frankly though, it seems very likely that the game has seen dramatic retailer pricecuts (a lot of games do in Japan), because it hasn't sold very well, and the shipment seemed to be rather sizable, judging from first week sales and shipment sellthrough%.

Still just an assumption without any proof though.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Teeqoz said:

A very logical assumption, but yes, still an assumption.

Teeqoz said:

That's a fair assumption...but it seems to me it's just that. I wasn't sure if there haven been discussions about this on other forums that I'm unaware of...but a price drop this quickly seemed a bit unusual (though maybe it isn't...like I said, I'm ignorant here).

Personally, I'd make it clear when something is being assumed. Obviously this game hasn't done well, but it's going to be a hot button issue for a fair amount of users. Bold claims like that without evidence are just asking to have the thread derailed.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

uran10 said:
Teeqoz said:

Call up our resident Japanese gamers and they will confirm 

Ryng_Tolu said:
You know the market is really low when the PS4 is a """"""beast"""""" with 18k sold............

horrible week for all, especially software.

The only good thing is that PS4 is at least up YOY and 3DS is flat after 6 years.

May is one of the worst months of the year so yes ps4 selling over 18k this week is beasting.  It's way up YOY compared to this week last year and way up on the corresponding week for the ps3. Ps4 is very very healthy in a home console market that's supposedly dead.