By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Activision White Washing the Call of Duty 4 Remastered Box Art?

Tagged games:

which cover looks better?

old one 5 35.71%

new one 9 64.29%

Total:14

I like the original cover so much better. One aspect is also the character, the original  character looks like a black guy but if you look closer he can look like anything: Black, Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, Indian, Aboriginy, White, Mixed. I think it was a so much better designed cover and it was more about the player what he wanted to see in it.

With the new cover they clearly gave the dude shapes that can only be from a Caucasian male. 

Listen i am not the SJW type person, its the complete opposite actually. I think changing the Ghost Buster cast into an all female cast is also stupid with the new film. I am more anti change, dont fix something that worked. The original cover was brilliant, the new one is garbage. Another reason i wont pay 70€ just to play an old game which is avaible for 10€ and has  a better cover.

I am looking forward to what they are going to change in the multiplayer, i except it for the total worse.

Opinions?

Around the Network

lo seriously? He doesn't look black either.

Both are crap, but ya the new one is worse

Edit: All that race stuff you wrote is ridiculous 

This is an american company/american game, so by default it was always a white guy unless that character has been introduced as from a different nationality.

The guy doesnt even look full white in the new cover. Could easily be Hispanic or southern European heritage as well.

Around the Network

The covers don't look that different, to be honest.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I think he's mulatto.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Angelus said:

Both are crap, but ya the new one is worse

Edit: All that race stuff you wrote is ridiculous 

why?

Even worse, it looks like they changed from a spruce on the original to an oak on the remaster. That's so typical.

PS3 : he looks black
PS4 : he looks hispanic/white

The PS3 cover is soo blurry though... I think the newer version looks better.

Not because of race, but simply because the image is sharper.