By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think GT5 Prologue will be the most sold of PS3'game ?

libellule said:
from france :

NO advertising neither TV neither on wall

What ? Are you saying there is no advertissement in France ?!!

Around the Network

@ Yakuzaice

SCEJ Were expecting sales of 250k BD and 50k downloads, so an extra 20% downloads is a rough rule of thumb. Having said that Europe and Japan are quite different so it's not neccessarily comaparable. Incidentally, last figures for GT5:P BD was around 200k in Japan, so they should be pretty close to their forecast by the time GT5 comes out.

@ Laifiel

You can download your games an infinite amount of times. You can also install the games on upto 5 different consoles/accounts (except for Warhawk, which was only installable on 1 account), so you can lend to your friends (or split the cost if you're cheap ;) ). Japanese GT5:P is sharable, so NA/PAL versions should be too.

Having said that, I prefer BD versions, I like having something physical, and you can sell it if you like too. On the downside, it's not as convenient having to take the game out the box and inserting the disc compared to just loading straight off the HDD.

As for the OPs question, I agree with others here, maybe in Europe, but not WW due to NA.

I think it's pretty poopy that we don't know how many downloads there were.

GT5:P is close to 300k if bkk2 and SCEJ is right about their expectations.

Last Famitsu numbers had it at 200k.

Edit:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (BR version) - SCEJ - 202,131 (Through February 17)

It hasn't charted since, so  won't be close to 300k.

BKK2 said:

Last Famitsu numbers had it at 200k.

Edit:

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (BR version) - SCEJ - 202,131 (Through February 17)

It hasn't charted since, so  won't be close to 300k.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Has it at 250k as of December... I don't know if that includes DL's but it still has had 3 months worth of sales since then. Which would mean only 4k a week to get to 300k.

Around the Network

Not Prologue, but perhaps the full game when it releases!
The overwhelming interest for GT 5 Prologue compared to previous Prologue's or "half-games" shows that GT 5 could have a very solid foundation upon which to build a huge userbase!

Those are shipments, which perfectly match Sony's expectations. It's obviously no coincidence why they match. Sold to consumers is 200k (maybe 210k if we assume it was hanging around just outside the charts selling 2k/week or so). Anyway, Q1 is over at the end of this week, so they should update their site with EU (and possibly NA) shipments, which will be interesting. I guarantee that when they update with Q1 shipments Japan will still be at 250k.

I think racing is huge in France, so maybe there. Look what happened in Japan... could happen elsewhere.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I notice Polyphony give shipment figures for SE Asia too, which is cool as GT5:P released here earlier this year so I'll be able to see how many were shipped for once :). Usually SE Asia is just grouped with Japan, or sometimes worldwide, other, etc.

I expect it to be in the top 3. For a few reasons. One, it's cheap. Two, you can download it. Three, it's GT. GT always sells well.