By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Pokemon Series honestly pisses me off

ps3-sales! said:

I understand it's a series aimed at younger kids... but come on. 

Literally zero games have catered to the faithful who supported the original games. Zero. It's rediculous. The game are EXTREMELY easy. No challenge for the *core*/older gamer. 

I mean, I'm only 22, but I really would like a more difficult and matured up Pokemon game for once. At the VERY least add a freakin difficulty option. How hard can that be? Literally have two modes. The normal mode; and a difficult mode that scales up all pokemon by like 5% (idk just an option)

The story can even stay the corny same with the writing that 5 year olds understand. Just make the game more diffucult. 

Just a little rant. And don't give me that "oh well it's online and that's where the real pokemon gamers go" BS. I play single player Pokemon. Ain't nobody got time for that next gen online crap. 

discuss

Try Digimon: Cyber Sleuth.

Around the Network
JetSetter said:

Everyone's been complaining for difficulty settings for what seems like ages now. But really what would that encompass? Higher levels on the trainers? Less opportunities to grind? People want a hard mode but never say what they would change.
Also if you really do want a challenge, online is your best bet. Same for really any multiplayer focused game these days.

I could write you an essay right now on all the ways Pokemon could significantly increase the difficulty without making people have to grind a single level. In fact, I could do it while making exp. share mandatory.

The thing is, you can make it easier or harder for you.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

spemanig said:
JetSetter said:

Everyone's been complaining for difficulty settings for what seems like ages now. But really what would that encompass? Higher levels on the trainers? Less opportunities to grind? People want a hard mode but never say what they would change.
Also if you really do want a challenge, online is your best bet. Same for really any multiplayer focused game these days.

I could write you an essay right now on all the ways Pokemon could significantly increase the difficulty without making people have to grind a single level. In fact, I could do it while making exp. share mandatory.

Or adding things such as the tower from pokemon ruby, sapphire, and emerald. It provided a challenge without the need for grinding.

Also, B2 had a difficulty setting, and pokemon black had one of the best elite fours ever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Exp share in the 3DS games has broken them beyond belief. You can have a full team of 6 pokemon by the end of the game that are higher levelled than the Elite 4 without trying.

Personally Pokemon Black 1 and 2 are my favourites. I think the difficulty was spot on in them, but it's been a while since I played them.

Around the Network

Are you kidding? Have you ever heard of a Nuzlocke before?

A nuzlocke predetermines what you can and cannot do in a pokemon playthrough. It makes the game so much more enjoyable. That's the only way I ever play pokemon now, because anything else is too easy.

Pokemon doesn't need a difficulty option, because there are so many ways to play the game.

I too get enraged thinking about the difficulty of an RPG primarily targeted at ten year olds.

hershel_layton said:
spemanig said:

Or adding things such as the tower from pokemon ruby, sapphire, and emerald. It provided a challenge without the need for grinding.

Also, B2 had a difficulty setting, and pokemon black had one of the best elite fours ever.

I mean changes to the main campaign via a difficulty mode.

EpicLight said:

Are you kidding? Have you ever heard of a Nuzlocke before?

A nuzlocke predetermines what you can and cannot do in a pokemon playthrough. It makes the game so much more enjoyable. That's the only way I ever play pokemon now, because anything else is too easy.

Pokemon doesn't need a difficulty option, because there are so many ways to play the game.

Nuzlocke is an incredibly fun-draining way to play Pokemon, though. It's the most shallow way to raise difficulty I've ever seen, and it would get slammed for being terrible game design if it were actually enforced in any game.

Pokemon getting too easy? Try the nuzlocke challenge! It makes pokemon not only harder, but more tragic as well. I did it with Y and had one of the best adventures ever! I plan to do it with Sun/Moon as well.

I'd say there probably isn't much you can do to make pokemon harder, aside from raising lvls or making specific teams like a trick room team, but spem sounds like he can prove me wrong.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread