By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Pokemon Series honestly pisses me off

t3mporary_126 said:

If Sun and Moon continues X and Y's 3 pokemon per gym leader and 4 pokemon per elite four, they should consider raising the opponents' pokemon level higher. A balance 6 party team can defeat a 3-4 Pokemon team that is 10 level higher and share the same type. Especially since the cpu never switches out their pokemon.

StarOcean said:
Issue I really had with X/Y was trainers all having 1 Pokemon and the gym leaders having maybe 3? Its sad

I agree, they should definitely change that in sun/moon.

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:

I understand it's a series aimed at younger kids... but come on. 

Literally zero games have catered to the faithful who supported the original games. Zero. It's rediculous. The game are EXTREMELY easy. No challenge for the *core*/older gamer. 

I mean, I'm only 22, but I really would like a more difficult and matured up Pokemon game for once. At the VERY least add a freakin difficulty option. How hard can that be? Literally have two modes. The normal mode; and a difficult mode that scales up all pokemon by like 5% (idk just an option)

The story can even stay the corny same with the writing that 5 year olds understand. Just make the game more diffucult. 

Just a little rant. And don't give me that "oh well it's online and that's where the real pokemon gamers go" BS. I play single player Pokemon. Ain't nobody got time for that next gen online crap. 

discuss

While I skipped a generation or two, I recently played through Y and have to agree. There's so much depth there to Pokemon, but absolutely NONE of it is required to beat the game. I find that to be so damn frustrating, as I want to be challenged by the game itself and am not very interested in multiplayer.

I don't understand why they won't simply up the challenge on these games... Kids, having been one at one time, CAN handle difficult games. Hell, I beat Aladdin on the Genesis as a kid, something I recently tried and found getting through the first level without dying difficult lol

Meh... at the very least, I hope there's some more backstory for that creepy ghost girl who startled me on the elevator. Wtf was that lol

RavenXtra said:
I honestly don't understand why people who aren't interested in/are no longer interested in a game series think it needs to cater to their preferences as if they're owed as much. If its not within your tastes, don't play it.

Its not as if he's asking for it to turn into an action adventure RPG set in space with the narrative scope of Final Fantasy. When a game is one of a kind and well within your taste range bar a few criteria it kind of makes sense to complain about those few criteria.

The most infuriating things about Pokemon's short comings is that it makes so much money that you'd think they'd put in a small amount of effort to cater to its diverse community.

Why do they have to spoonfeed the difficulty to you? Make your own!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JetSetter said:

Fair enough. Interesting bit about making the exp. share mandatory though. 

Frankly, anyone who thinks that exp. share is making the games easy knows literally nothing about game design. Less than nothing. Pokemon's ease comes from the player's trmendously unfair advantage when it comes to options vs. opponents, enemy AI, enemy movesets/skill sets, and how enemies build their teams - not levels. All exp. share does is make the game not a grind. That's a good thing. Grinding isn't difficult. It's tedious.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Why do they have to spoonfeed the difficulty to you? Make your own!

I'm sure playing with the worst pokemon would be a little more difficult.

I still love pokemon but I did wish they did a little better of stories. Black and White had a good story though.

It would be nice if Nintendo increases the difficulty level of all their games. Galaxy 2 should be the easiest they go.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

It would be kind of cool I think if Nintendo came out with a separate Pokémon series aimed at older players. They could call it "Super Pokémon" or something, and it would address the issues older players have had with the series. The regular series would still exist, they'd leave that alone, but this new series would exist along side it.

And just so no-one would get confused, "Super Pokémon" would be a console series, not handheld.

You could just Nuzlocke. Or play something else that's more in line with your tastes.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!