By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU's Pokken outsold PS4's Street Fighter V at retail in the US, too.

Which game do you prefer?

Pokken Tournament 256 68.09%

Street Fighter 4 64 17.02%

None. 56 14.89%

Total:376
Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

Sorry didn't read all that.  playing RB6 and can only reply in between games. Basically I think it's sold over 200k on Steam. I'd imagine a large chuck of that was steam USA sales?  So maybe that makes a difference 

Steam Spy seems to put it at around 160k (159,537 ± 9,795 specifically).  So no, it's a good bit bellow 200k on Steam.  Globally.  That's not going to move the needle very much I'm afraid. 

I'm pulling numbers out of my ass here but say 80k of those are from the US? that's significant to the margins. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Nuvendil said:

Steam Spy seems to put it at around 160k (159,537 ± 9,795 specifically).  So no, it's a good bit bellow 200k on Steam.  Globally.  That's not going to move the needle very much I'm afraid. 

I'm pulling numbers out of my ass here but say 80k of those are from the US? that's significant to the margins. 

Possibly, but again given the aggression of PS4 marketing I should think PS4 digital are equal to or higher than the PC digital due to the underperformance of it on the whole.  We can't be sure, but it definitely looks bad for SFV and pretty competent for Pokken given that the former is a venerable franchise and Pokken is a rather unusual fighting game and a first entry. 

Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

Possibly, but again given the aggression of PS4 marketing I should think PS4 digital are equal to or higher than the PC digital due to the underperformance of it on the whole.  We can't be sure, but it definitely looks bad for SFV and pretty competent for Pokken given that the former is a venerable franchise and Pokken is a rather unusual fighting game and a first entry. 

Another huge thing to note is sfv after just a week or 2 drop dramatically in price.If the game isnt sellk g at half of the msrp then it wont have legs at all

Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

In America pc digital should be higher than ps4 digital.  Because 90% of the pc sales are digital.  That's why I said it should be considered.  You get me? 

Kerotan said:
Nuvendil said:

In America pc digital should be higher than ps4 digital.  Because 90% of the pc sales are digital.  That's why I said it should be considered.  You get me? 

I get what you're saying.  What we don't know, though, is PS4 digital - to - retail ratio.  Whether it is higher or lower than usual, etc.  And in actuality, I believe the only PC version of of Street Fighter intracts with Steam so the Steam numbers I believe account for all PC sales.  So the physical to digital ratio for PC is irrelevant. 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

I get what you're saying.  What we don't know, though, is PS4 digital - to - retail ratio.  Whether it is higher or lower than usual, etc.  And in actuality, I believe the only PC version of of Street Fighter intracts with Steam so the Steam numbers I believe account for all PC sales.  So the physical to digital ratio for PC is irrelevant. 

I'm talking combined sales here as in ps4 + pc

Kerotan said:
Nuvendil said:

I know.  I was just pointing out that the PC Steam numbers are all the PC numbers globally for reference.

All I'm trying to say is that the PS4 ratio of physical to digital could be higher than usual or lower than usual.  If higher, it could easily pass the US PC sales.  Therefore, addition of PC could be of little consequence as the PS4 digital sales were already stated by the source to be of no consequence.  Combining both PS4 and PC digital sales could tip it slightly in SFV's favor, but I feel it is equally likely it wouldn't.  In other words, I think it is entirely equally possible that Pokken Tournament digital and physical sale through could excede SFV digital+physical PS4+PC sales. 

Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

I know.  I was just pointing out that the PC Steam numbers are all the PC numbers globally for reference.

All I'm trying to say is that the PS4 ratio of physical to digital could be higher than usual or lower than usual.  If higher, it could easily pass the US PC sales.  Therefore, addition of PC could be of little consequence as the PS4 digital sales were already stated by the source to be of no consequence.  Combining both PS4 and PC digital sales could tip it slightly in SFV's favor, but I feel it is equally likely it wouldn't.  In other words, I think it is entirely equally possible that Pokken Tournament digital and physical sale through could excede SFV digital+physical PS4+PC sales. 

It's possible but definitely not a dead cert.  Hopefully more detailed official numbers especially for Pokken release.  Surely they'll announce when it ships 1m?

I know that probably nobody will care for this at the moment, but this site has Pokken at 810k and SFV at 690k. US alone shows also Pokken is leading. Now back to the e³ threads.

Lol that xtra savage bump!
Is SFV legs popping up anytime soon?

Pocky Lover Boy!