By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So...NX is a "New Way of Playing Games"... I'm Scared

The Wii U was also touted as being an innovative way to play games. I'm not expecting anything too radical here. The original Wii was probably the most radical concept Nintendo put out besides the Virtual Boy

Around the Network

It's the Power Suit! Full body suit with buttons to control games. But instead of gloves you will get your hands chopped off and replaced with a wiimote and a tablet controller.

Innovation!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

twintail said:
streaming device

Isnt that what PSNow is all about?

Luke888 said:
Ljink96 said:

True, but even with the jump from 64 to Gamecube or Gamecube to WIi it was never a question that it would replace the predecessor. Nintendo has been sticking to the story that NX won't simply replace Wii U and 3DS. I hope it's just PR talk but it can only remain PR talk for so long...it releases in 9 months.

they said the same about the DS when they announced it but to me it seems like they moved on from the GBA...

Yes, I'm aware but those were handhelds. They were uncertain of DS taking over Gameboy or if it would fail. They weren't necessarily concerned that DS would take over Project Revolution (Wii). Even with Wii to Wii U, it was no doubt or PR talk that Wii U wouldn't succeed Wii.

its just PR talk.They say this everytime a new console is to be released.The same was said when they went from the GBA to the DS.They probably just mean it will have a new gimmick of the sorts.That can mean anything.Could be good or bad.In another words, we are still on the same place:we know nothing about the NX.

About not affecting 3DS, he just meant the period from now to the release.And he gives pokemon as a reason that the 3Ds will still sell even with the official announcement.So yes, there is still a chance that the nx is a handheld or a hybrid.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
its just PR talk.They say this everytime a new console is to be released.The same was said when they went from the GBA to the DS.They probably just mean it will have a new gimmick of the sorts.That can mean anything.Could be good or bad.In another words, we are still on the same place:we know nothing about the NX.

About not affecting 3DS, he just meant the period from now to the release.And he gives pokemon as a reason that the 3Ds will still sell even with the official announcement.So yes, there is still a chance that the nx is a handheld or a hybrid.

The difference from this event over others is Nintendo made those statements more out of uncertainty, they didn't know how it [DS] would perform and if it did perform poorly they would fall back on GameBoy. There is no 2nd option here, they have no choice but to move forward, there's nothing to fall back on if NX fails. Their decision at this point is concrete.

twintail said:
KLXVER said:

Isnt that what PSNow is all about?

well thats a streaming service, not specific hardware per se 

Well there was that box that streamed PC games a few years back. Sorry, I forget the name.

KLXVER said:
twintail said:

well thats a streaming service, not specific hardware per se 

Well there was that box that streamed PC games a few years back. Sorry, I forget the name.

I think you're thinking of Steam Box. Either that or Ouya XD

Makes me wonder what the hell this 'NX' is. Hopefully they can built some hype up.

Ljink96 said:
KLXVER said:

I think you're thinking of Steam Box. Either that or Ouya XD

No, there was another one before that. I think it begins with an O, but Im not sure...

EDIT: OnLive is what it was called.