By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I want another Xbox One. *edit* I got it!

d21lewis said:

Yeah, I've done it before. It's pretty sweet but the things that  prompted me to want another console are

Co op on the same home, Kinect voice controls for my tv and stuff, and the fact that a co-worker gave me some sweet Bose surround sound speakers. I got them connected on Friday and now I want to let them rip!

Ah!  That's cool.  Welcome Bose Brother!

I have my parents old Bose speakers, but I am currently restoring them. Then I'll just use my Sony surround ones and the Bose for the big nice main ones.  They really sound great.

I think you may need a 2nd gold to do online gaming with anyone other than yourself on the 2nd Xbox One.  Unless they have Gold.  Your HOME Gold is on your main Xbox, and the 2nd one might need another gold for anyone but you.   (But can you use gold on it, and have your friends on the Shared Gold of your main console, that might Work.)

Are you going to get one now, or wait until after watever happens at E3?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
d21lewis said:

Yeah, I've done it before. It's pretty sweet but the things that  prompted me to want another console are

Co op on the same home, Kinect voice controls for my tv and stuff, and the fact that a co-worker gave me some sweet Bose surround sound speakers. I got them connected on Friday and now I want to let them rip!

Ah!  That's cool.  Welcome Bose Brother!

I have my parents old Bose speakers, but I am currently restoring them. Then I'll just use my Sony surround ones and the Bose for the big nice main ones.  They really sound great.

I think you may need a 2nd gold to do online gaming with anyone other than yourself on the 2nd Xbox One.  Unless they have Gold.  Your HOME Gold is on your main Xbox, and the 2nd one might need another gold for anyone but you.   (But can you use gold on it, and have your friends on the Shared Gold of your main console, that might Work.)

Are you going to get one now, or wait until after watever happens at E3?

Fighting temptation but it's rough. Going to wait until e3. Microsoft may release a slim and I'll feel like a fool.

In the meantime, I'm debating buying a 4k TV. My led still looks great but I saw a 4k 42/inch Vizio that costs around $500 that was putting everything else to shame in Wal Mart. After doing some research, I found out that it was the cheap version! I'm thinking of going on amazon and getting the better version. Even with no 4k content, the picture quality is insane. Plus I'll be ready for the future.

If online d21lewis supported Ouya more it would have been a massive succes

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
If online d21lewis supported Ouya more it would have been a massive succes

I did! I bragged about it all of the time.  It's still a good buy.  Lots of useful apps.

i have 2 ps4s. afaik xbox has the same concepts though but again,.. i'm speaking for my experience as a 2 ps4 owner.

when you buy something digitally you get 2 licenes:
1. hardware licence that is tied to your "home" console
2. software licence that is tied to your login.

that means you use the same purchases on two consoles. basically make one console your home console and anyone can use anything you download to that console via your account.

then on the other console you can still access your entire library so long as you are connected to the internet. if there is an internet outage as sometimes happens you'll be locked out of accessing your content.

so here where my "surprises" or lessons learned.

you cannot log into two consoles at the same time with the same account. that means i had to get my wife a psn account to login into the "home" console to access my content. also be careful about logins,... i had to set up the "home" console to automatically log into her account because she was accidently logging into my account on occasion. that got me kicked out of my account in the other room.

some services cannot be shared. spotify is tied 1:1 with a psn account. i had to sign her up for a spotfiy account too because i wasn't allowed to use my spotify login info on her psn without deactivating the account on my psn. this was okay to me because i don't pay for spotify.

some services can be shared but don't allow multi usage. amazon let me use the same amazon account on multiple psn accounts but they do not allow streaming to multiple devices at the same time. so either i buy a second amazon prime membership (no thankyou) or we just can't watch that service on both tvs at the same time.

some services can be shardw and allow multi usage. netflix is awesome. i love netflix.  also hbo,.. hbo is great.

peripherals can be awkward. i purchased rockband 4 with the intent to use my BC supported guitar from the ps3. it works great when in the game as an input for gameplay however the system doesn't register it as the same thing as an actually ps4 peripheral. long story short,.. i can play rock band on my "home" console but not on my login-console because the system doesn't acknowledge me as logged into the system.

tl;dr version: 2 consoles works great for sharing your game library but can be awkward with some of the services.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

i have 2 ps4s. afaik xbox has the same concepts though but again,.. i'm speaking for my experience as a 2 ps4 owner.

when you buy something digitally you get 2 licenes:
1. hardware licence that is tied to your "home" console
2. software licence that is tied to your login.

that means you use the same purchases on two consoles. basically make one console your home console and anyone can use anything you download to that console via your account.

then on the other console you can still access your entire library so long as you are connected to the internet. if there is an internet outage as sometimes happens you'll be locked out of accessing your content.

so here where my "surprises" or lessons learned.

you cannot log into two consoles at the same time with the same account. that means i had to get my wife a psn account to login into the "home" console to access my content. also be careful about logins,... i had to set up the "home" console to automatically log into her account because she was accidently logging into my account on occasion. that got me kicked out of my account in the other room.

some services cannot be shared. spotify is tied 1:1 with a psn account. i had to sign her up for a spotfiy account too because i wasn't allowed to use my spotify login info on her psn without deactivating the account on my psn. this was okay to me because i don't pay for spotify.

some services can be shared but don't allow multi usage. amazon let me use the same amazon account on multiple psn accounts but they do not allow streaming to multiple devices at the same time. so either i buy a second amazon prime membership (no thankyou) or we just can't watch that service on both tvs at the same time.

some services can be shardw and allow multi usage. netflix is awesome. i love netflix.  also hbo,.. hbo is great.

peripherals can be awkward. i purchased rockband 4 with the intent to use my BC supported guitar from the ps3. it works great when in the game as an input for gameplay however the system doesn't register it as the same thing as an actually ps4 peripheral. long story short,.. i can play rock band on my "home" console but not on my login-console because the system doesn't acknowledge me as logged into the system.

tl;dr version: 2 consoles works great for sharing your game library but can be awkward with some of the services.

It wasn't too long. I did read.

Combined with other comments in this thread, I'm pretty excited. I was never a big fan of cloud saves but I'm going to start taking full advantage of that feature, too!

d21lewis said:

Fighting temptation but it's rough. Going to wait until e3. Microsoft may release a slim and I'll feel like a fool.

In the meantime, I'm debating buying a 4k TV. My led still looks great but I saw a 4k 42/inch Vizio that costs around $500 that was putting everything else to shame in Wal Mart. After doing some research, I found out that it was the cheap version! I'm thinking of going on amazon and getting the better version. Even with no 4k content, the picture quality is insane. Plus I'll be ready for the future.

Yea, even with out native 4k content I think you get a better picture with a 4k TV screen.  The digital upscaling is great (and pretty sure the Xbox One upscales to 4k just fine, but most any 4k TV would do that too.  Try them both and see what's best.)

As for why non native 4k still looks good and better than 1080p, you can check out this video, this guy explains it better than I ever could:

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

No willpower. I was in Gamestop paying for my copy of Valkyria Chronicles and somehow, I bought the XBO, too.

New model coming? Bah! I don't think. I act!

Congrats man....now can I get the other one....I NEED an XB1 and will have to wait to get mine lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

well you can stream xbox one games using windows 10 so using a cheap streaming pc could be the better/cheaper option?