By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition: Remove Uncharted 4 Washington Post Review from Metacritic

midrange said:
KLXVER said:

I think the biggest factor here is that Sony fans cant say that they have the highest rated exclusive this gen now, since Super Mario 3D World also has a 93. Just my opinion of course. Dont start a petition against me

You and I both know that the issue has nothing to do with Sony and more to do with how an informal review was treated by metacritic. But it's okay, keep adding to the flame bait by bringing console wars into this

Its not about that. Im sorry, but no way in hell do I think for a second that the guy who started that petition only has the good of his fellow gamers in mind.

Around the Network

Man, this is embarrassing.

I'm all for cleaning up the standards, journalistic and ethical, of video game publications and sites, but this attempt to adjust the score of a single game is not the answer. And let's all be honest with ourselves: the petitioner is upset his favorite game got knocked down a peg. This isn't about getting things right. It's about a low-ball score for a PlayStation exclusive. After all, the author can only justify a score as low as 8, and he wants to respect the developers for their "time and money." He definitely seems more pre-occupied with the "flawless reputation of the game" than he does any kind of truth-seeking.

Aggregate sites like Metacritic and video game journalism in general are flawed, yes, but so are consumer expectations. We fight tooth and nail to secure the best coverage for OUR games, but leave "rival" games in the dust. We champion freedom of expression, as long as it means high scores. And we refuse to allow critics to use a full rating scale. WE are part of the Metacritic problem, and petitions like this show why.

Signed. Because I can and want to.

midrange said:
KLXVER said:

I think the biggest factor here is that Sony fans cant say that they have the highest rated exclusive this gen now, since Super Mario 3D World also has a 93. Just my opinion of course. Dont start a petition against me

You and I both know that the issue has nothing to do with Sony and more to do with how an informal review was treated by metacritic. But it's okay, keep adding to the flame bait by bringing console wars into this

super mario 3d world deserve 85 on mc not 93  

game sucked so much imo 

i felt like im playing a handheld game on a console 

Teeqoz said:

So am I lol. The syntax (and grammar) is terrible.

Oh lmao then we gud.

Around the Network
princevenom said:
midrange said:

game sucked so much imo 

85 is pretty good for a game you say suck so much...

I agree that its not a 93 though.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I'm all for cleaning up the standards, journalistic and ethical, of video game publications and sites, but this attempt to adjust the score of a single game is not the answer. And let's all be honest with ourselves: the petitioner is upset his favorite game got knocked down a peg. This isn't about getting things right. It's about a low-ball score for a PlayStation exclusive. After all, the author can only justify a score as low as 8, and he wants to respect the developers for their "time and money." He definitely seems more pre-occupied with the "flawless reputation of the game" than he does any kind of truth-seeking.

Aggregate sites like Metacritic and video game journalism in general are flawed, yes, but so are consumer expectations. We fight tooth and nail to secure the best coverage for OUR games, but leave "rival" games in the dust. We champion freedom of expression, as long as it means high scores. And we refuse to allow critics to use a full rating scale. WE are part of the Metacritic problem, and petitions like this show why.

I agree.

princevenom said:
midrange said:

game sucked so much imo 

Super Mario 3D world doesn't belong in this thread

Bandorr said:
darkenergy said:
The score should remain and people will have to deal with it and don't tell me why it shouldn't it is pointless and more to do with people getting obsessed over it.

In essence you are telling people what to do - but don't want people telling you what to do?

Similiar to the song "this is my party and I will cry if I want to". Except the part where you didn't make this thread, or the petition - but instead decided to just come in and complain about it so really you have no claim to anything.

Other people are in this thread and sharing a similar thought about this they didn't made a thread or petition so I can make a comment on this subject. 

Complain? It seems you and others are complaining about the 4/10 score so I wouldn't be saying I am complaining if I were you.

Proud to be a Californian.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

The score isn't the issue, in fact the review in question never gave a score to begin with. Washington post had already published another review that was representative of them (with an actual score), and then posted this review that had no score and was in the comic riffs section...

The second review shouldn't belong on metacritic regardless of the score and that's what this petition tries to change