By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Emily Rogers: NX not gonna use X86 architecture, raw power close to XBO

Price and its power would be key to sell the console. Not so expensive while having current gen graphics and power is good. If they would sell it at $99 why not. But Nintendo said they won't sell it at a loss. So around $199 - $299 would be a good price range. The problem is the lead with PS4, what would be Nintendo's game launch titles to ensure they'll get the audience they need to build + get the 3rd party games that would release in X1 and PS4 on 2017 onwards.

Around the Network

Emily Rogers apparently confirmed to a NeoGaffer that Nvidia is involved in Nintendo's future hardware. So I guess no AMD?

Platina said:
Tagging

Really wonder what the launch price of this console will be..

Check out Kimishima's recent comments on the subject: 

-I am curious about the price. Nintendo has a history of value-focused consoles.

"It’s true there is a certain expectation for the prices of Nintendo consoles. Our developers put a lot into them, but we can not sell at a loss. The final price is determined by balancing these two conflicting ideas. I don’t believe it’s as simple as “because this is a new platform, we can make it more expensive.”"

Seems like he's implying it won't necessarily be more expensive than the Wii U. So about $300 then? Maybe $350?

SJReiter said:
Platina said:
Tagging

Really wonder what the launch price of this console will be..

Check out Kimishima's recent comments on the subject: 

-I am curious about the price. Nintendo has a history of value-focused consoles.

"It’s true there is a certain expectation for the prices of Nintendo consoles. Our developers put a lot into them, but we can not sell at a loss. The final price is determined by balancing these two conflicting ideas. I don’t believe it’s as simple as “because this is a new platform, we can make it more expensive.”"

Seems like he's implying it won't necessarily be more expensive than the Wii U. So about $300 then? Maybe $350?

He's implying that there needs to be a balance, so where the price stands is not necessarily around the price of the Wii U, but if the power is actually around the XOne/PS4 or weaker, it definitely should be around the price you have mentioned

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

good whats more important for nintendo consoles are the price

Around the Network

Welp whatever gimmick they have can't be overly expensive then.

so it wont compete with xb1 and ps4 original? that sucks 1080[ will be a struggle. I'll stick with my desktop and xb1 and wii U for zelda.  and get the nx in 5-8 years when its on its way out for the zelda of that gen if they even make another one after zelda u.

Won't mind if it's true. I just want relatively "current gen" tech at an affordable price upfront. A noticeable upgrade on the Wii U is good enough for me. Now, here's hoping it uses carts...

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Soundwave said:
Emily Rogers apparently confirmed to a NeoGaffer that Nvidia is involved in Nintendo's future hardware. So I guess no AMD?

Source?

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Soundwave said:

Source?

Her twitter (which she bolcked temporarily), and a neogaf post

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=203747904&postcount=1780

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988