By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

I just have to ask

Around the Network

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/05/12/dark-souls-iii-leads-the-pack-during-a-slow-month-in-april-npd-report.aspx

JRPGfan said:
The lack of sony PR going "yeah another strong #1 spot, thanks to all our fans and the support we got" is telling.

I bet Sony is Flat YoY compaired to 2015.
Xbox One & Wii U are probably down year on year.

PS4 is probably down too.

ZhugeEX said:

Number 1 this month sold less than half what number 1 did this month last year.

People will read this and think you are talking about consoles instead if software.  

I knew R&C would outsell QB, but really didn't expect MLB: The Show 2016 to also be ahead.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
ZhugeEX said:

Number 1 this month sold less than half what number 1 did this month last year.

People will read this and think you are talking about consoles instead if software.  

Yep I assumed he was talking hardware.

I only got it after he replied mentioning MK vs DS.

Still surpriseing news though, didnt think software would be down that much.

Well, I guess we should at least give MS props for actually putting out some PR with positive spin. Sony can't even muster some positive spin in a month when they are number 1 again but probably flat or slightly down YoY.

Also, since Xb 1 won April last year, assuming PS4 is flat at best Xb one is definitely down both on units and also on revenue.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

How can Microsoft refer to the 2016 Xbox One games as a "Line-Up" when there has been only one exclusive game released for the console?

One game is not a line-up Phil Spincer!

I thought R&C would outsell the PS4 version of DS3 well...i eat the crow then.

Am i the only one who waits for the monthly NPDs to chuckle with MS PR?

AEGRO said:
How can Microsoft refer to the 2016 Xbox One games as a "Line-Up" when there has been only one exclusive game released for the console?

Thats cause NPDs have become boring now. the most interesting thing these days is MS PR. We should at least thank them for keeping us entertained. 

Maybe if Sony let's both the PS4 and PS4 neo run together things may become interesting again. We can start looking to see which PS4 will win NPD. 

AEGRO said:

Well 1 person standing is a line.  A vertical line.  

@hiku and Microsoft own Nokia now!!  It all makes sense.  Microsoft are trying to announce a new N-GAGE.  Read between the lines people!!