By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

celador said:
ZhugeEX said:

Who cares. 

Software sales are what matter. 

Nah, it's software engagement

No no no... its Global engagement...  you turn on that Xbox One on and go online, watching say... twitch streams and its all good.

Around the Network

Global engagement? Perhaps MS have more proposals of marriage on their social media?

The PS5 Exists. 

Swordmasterman said:
jason1637 said:
Well at least we know that 1.6ml people played the GOW beta.

We have the data of other Exclusive betas ?, like Uncharted 4, Street Fighter, to compare the numbers between them.

I searched googke for UC4 and SFV beta players. I didn't get anything for UC4 but for SFV some guy said the highest amount of people he saw playing online was 16k.

X1Gates said:

Quantum Break+price cut has sealed April npd for Microsoft. Although Amazon gave the ps4 the win the deals in other shops has given microsoft enough sale to sneak the win.

[Xb1]265k

[PS4]255k

Wat lol :)

QB + Price Cut and X1 fell YoY and lost the month. This year will almost certainly be down from 2015 in total as well, X1 was heavily front-loaded in a few key segments, but is rapidly running out of steam.

Initial launch hype and core fanbase made $499 in Xmas '13 pretty good.

$449 Titanfall bundle did pretty well in early '14, but still lost the month.

Initial DisKinect bundle sold well.

Firesale deals like $329 for Holidays '14 did well.

Outside of that, it's been pretty steady mediocrity and regression. X1 is headed for 35-55M LTD totals for X1 on the EXTREME low and high estimates, with a more reasonable probability of ending around 45-47.5M, so at least double WiiU totals, and no more than half of PS4 totals.

The rest of this gen is going to be pretty boring and predictable. X1 *may* win one more month in the gen, for Gears 4.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Global engagement? Perhaps MS have more proposals of marriage on their social media?

Why are they mentioningglobal engagement when its about NPD?

Shouldnt its PR just be about america?

JRPGfan said:

Why are they mentioningglobal engagement when its about NPD?

Shouldnt its PR just be about america?

That's a very good point and I hadn't considered it. It's weird because I don't think GAF has either.

The PS5 Exists. 

Microsoft keep going on about the engagement but what I want to know is, when's the wedding?

tag

Number 1 this month sold less than half what number 1 did this month last year.