By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Has New TV Marketing Slogan

fleischr said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

You're all wildly incorrect. The average parent or purchaser doesn't see "no play" in that respect. If anything it simply draws attention and the brain hones in on it. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". For some reason it reminds me of the Seag megadrive/genesis.

It's flying over the heads of forum members who aren't familiar with American English I think...

I live in Ireland. Probably the second most American country in the world. I lived in the US for 5 years.  I know what the obsessive crazy people are rattling on about. I just don't agree. I see the logo as a play on many familiar phrases. But I mostly see it as an oposite effect, suconscious play on peoples minds.

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
dongo8 said:
I'm not really understanding the negativity. You're taking the slogan out of context and picking out two words that are next to each other. The slogan clearly is telling people that this is the only place you can find these games, hence "There's no play like it" because there isn't. You think PS4 "Greatness Awaits" is a great slogan? Talk about overselling something, it sounds cheesy and over-promises on the potential of the system. Nintendo's new slogan is a play on the "There's no place like it!" that sooooooo many vacation and destination commercials have used to advertise for their resorts or events. I understand it, I get it, and I think personally that it is a pretty well thought out slogan, and spells out exactly what you get with Nintendo's systems - great first party games and unique gameplay that you can't get on any other system. However, you haters may as well keep hatin'.

And nintendofanboys n girls keep fangirly... ing...

Actually I'm primarily an XBox player. It's jsut as easy to say that these flame threads are made by XBox or Playstation fanboys too...I mean, painfully obvious. I'm just saying I think that it is reaching - like, a LOT - to say that this slogan is going to be seen as negative by the general public. That's almost positively not going to happen

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

JRPGfan said:
KLAMarine said:

You're really working hard for this thing to catch on.

It seems that way to you.

Your posts for the most part seem to be pushing hard for the meme to catch on. Bringing up the Wii U when this commercial is about the 3ds.

JRPGfan said:

Can you guys imagine what would happend if they ran a Wii U ad, and ended with this slogan?

I simply dont think you can run a ad with "no play like it" for Wii U.
The "no play" would give a negative impact. The games drought would not be kind to that slogan.

But hey, if there's no such intent behind your posts, my sincerest apologies.

JRPGfan said:

But in all honesty its just lack of forethought on nintendos part.

How is this a good slogan?

My guess is it's a play on "there's no place like it"

fleischr said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

You're all wildly incorrect. The average parent or purchaser doesn't see "no play" in that respect. If anything it simply draws attention and the brain hones in on it. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". For some reason it reminds me of the Seag megadrive/genesis.

It's flying over the heads of forum members who aren't familiar with American English I think...

Maybe this is the thing... it works best in america, where people are familur with sayings like "all work and no play".

Im not sure that same "brain trick" will work in the rest of the world.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame! Why Nintendo? Just die already :'(

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
JRPGfan said:

It seems that way to you.

Your posts for the most part seem to be pushing hard for the meme to catch on. Bringing up the Wii U when this commercial is about the 3ds.

JRPGfan said:

Can you guys imagine what would happend if they ran a Wii U ad, and ended with this slogan?

I simply dont think you can run a ad with "no play like it" for Wii U.
The "no play" would give a negative impact. The games drought would not be kind to that slogan.

JRPGfan said:

But in all honesty its just lack of forethought on nintendos part.

How is this a good slogan?

1) Im not trying to make a meme catch on. Im saying its going to happend reguardless of what anyone says (me or otherwise).

Neogaf posters have already made pictures makeing fun of the slogan.

2) " if there's no such intent behind your posts, my sincerest apologies."  

are you f***ing serious? gtfo here with that, your trying to start sh*t, because Im pointing out I dont like the slogan, and your bringing console war flame bait into it.

Something people will try to change, make memes, and then spread everywhere on the internet.

Just like FE:Fates got really awesome sales because of all the free "negative" advertisement on the internet.

Abolutely brilliant. Expect increase in sales.

JRPGfan said:
KLAMarine said:

1) Im not trying to make a meme catch on. Im saying its going to happend reguardless of what anyone says (me or otherwise).

Neogaf posters have already made pictures makeing fun of the slogan.

2) " if there's no such intent behind your posts, my sincerest apologies."  

are you f***ing serious? gtfo here with that, your trying to start sh*t, because Im pointing out I dont like the slogan, and your bringing console war flame bait into it.

Like I said, I'm very sorry.

NX controller revealed. It is a Wii Mote controller with the buttons a, b, x, y, P, L, A, and Y.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I don't like the slogan.