By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Has New TV Marketing Slogan

Hm.

First, it gives me a headache. My brain doesn't like the contrast of the letters. My eyes aren't great, though. I see the "play" then I have to blink to focus on the rest of the phrase. That's why I don't like slogans like this unless they're in static form.

Second, the "play" on words (heh) is kind of on the lame side. Nothing bad, just something I'd roll my eyes at if a friend said it.

Third, the message. That's the more interesting part. How are people going to instantly interpret this? Because, honestly, most people aren't going to think about it beyond that very first impression. In that regard, it sounds like they're going for an impression that sets Nintendo apart from PlayStation and Xbox while the emphasis on "play" aims at a younger demographic.

The slogan, to me, isn't bad at all but I don't like the graphic.

Around the Network

Is slogans THAT a big deal now?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Skullwaker said:
The over-exaggeration here is insane. But I guess I shouldn't expect any better.

The slogan is an obvious play on "There's no place like it." Incredible that people are this oblivious. Is it the greatest slogan ever? Nope. Is it the trash that select individuals are making it out to be? Absolutely not. It's fine.

Imo! This "BAD" slogan will probably get more attention than having a good slogan!

And lol yeah. I wonder how many of us will see this ad on TV? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

People remember. There is no such thing as bad publicity. Make all the memes you want. People are paying attention to it and talking about it. It's working.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Jranation said:

Not really; it's just that Nintendo's new slogan is ripe for parody.  In a sense, it might give NIntendo a bit of word-of-mouth publicity (even if it will probably be negative).  Then again, negative publicity is better than no publicity.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
Jranation said:

Not really; it's just that Nintendo's new slogan is ripe for parody.  In a sense, it might give NIntendo a bit of word-of-mouth publicity (even if it will probably be negative).  Then again, negative publicity is better than no publicity.

Yep! I saw a comment here that mentioned the negativity of the censorship in FE Fates gave some free advertisement across social media. And if we look at the sales, its doing sooo much better than Awakening. Nearly 2mil without Europe! Awesome! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
wombat123 said:

Yep! I saw a comment here that mentioned the negativity of the censorship in FE Fates gave some free advertisement across social media. And if we look at the sales, its doing sooo much better than Awakening. Nearly 2mil without Europe! Awesome! 

Splitting the game in two probably did more to increase sales.  At least that's what I hope because I don't want NOA and the treehouse to get encouraged into doing even lousier localizations.

I think the slogan is fine. They could definitely do better, but it's not like it's horrible. I don't like the jingle though.

When you're trying to sell a product then there certainly is such a thing as bad publicity. Ask Microsoft how all that free publicity after the Xbox One reveal helped out. Pretty sure the Wii U memes didn't move a lot of units, either. If the message people are getting is "don't buy this" then it's not something a manufacturer really wants.

Skullwaker said:
The over-exaggeration here is insane. But I guess I shouldn't expect any better.

The slogan is an obvious play on "There's no place like it." Incredible that people are this oblivious. Is it the greatest slogan ever? Nope. Is it the trash that select individuals are making it out to be? Absolutely not. It's fine.

Yeah, Nintendo fans are kind of on-edge at the moment. The slightest thing will set them off.