By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Battlefield finally overtake Call of Duty this year?

Will Battlefield finally overtake Call of Duty this year?

YES 86 35.68%

NO 155 64.32%

Total:241
PEEPer0nni said:
Yes it will.
Battlefield 1 trailer: 19 mln views in 3 days.
Cod: IW trailer: 13 mln views in 7 days.
It seems like Battlefield got attention even from more hardcore audiences meanwhile Cod still lives in it's own bubble.

Wanna bet on it?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

Uh, no. BF has always beat CoD in Internets fandom. CoD always trounces BF at the sales register.

COD is more appealing to wider demographic, especially young children. So no.

Turkish said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Battlefield 3 was at 17 million by end of September 2012. It has surely sold well over 20 million right now. 10-15 million is way lower than Battlefield 3.

Even the bigger CoD games ever usually can't do much more than 30 million (usually is in the 25m range).

So let's say Infinite Warfare sells 30 million, you think Battlefield 1 will be lucky to sell 15 million? Probabily way less than that then, 10-12 million? Really?

It will probabily sells >10 million only in 2016.

Yep, series declined a lot so expecting less than 15 million.

I'm not discuss you'r prediction even if i don't agree, i was only talking about the part about "10-15 million, close to BF3".

Like i said, BF3 as for now is >20m, so between 10-15m is considerevoly less than BF3.

For that to happen Activision would have to call their games Battlefield. Then it could be a close race.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

as much as I like BF better than COD my friends a t various Gamestops are reporting pre-orders are 10-1 in favor of COD. however not a single of the over 100 copies of COD are for just Infinite Warfare alone

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

I don't think it will. Sure, a lot of people dislike it just for the sake of it, but it will only bring publicity to the game. People will still buy it regardless.

Even though I'm actually excited for BF1 and haven't cared for COD since BO2, I have to be realistic and say that, despite the backlash for the COD:IW reveal on YouTube, the new COD will still outsell BF1. I hope I'm wrong though.

first year, battelfield has a real shot

1. cod is not on lat gen anymore.
cod was still a huge seller on last gen. this year, it has to rely only on current gen
2. bf is big on pc
bf was always strong on pc, while cod is kind of non existent. the pc market is growing and growing. cod only has the 60m+ console installbase
3. backlog and lifetime sales.
cod will sell more in the first 2 months. no doubt. but if people don't like it and the word of mouth is negative, this will effect backlog sales. same goes for bf on the other hand, if it's positive.

but ea will never give us digital salesnumbers. so activision will shout out cod is the best selling game of the year ;)

No chance CoD blops3 alone has sold over 50% of the entire 28 entries of the Battlefield franchise according to VGChartz (I know take with a huge grain of salt).