By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2016 Thread - Starting!

Conference Starting

Hype 22 100.00%

Total:22

Around the Network

Pre E3 rumors surrounding Xbox are very interesting this year. I just replied to Veknoid_Outcast to disagree upon a safe "win" for Sony.

Only a few days left :D

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Sony definitely "won" last year by a wide margin. With Nintendo reducing its footprint at E3 and with a lot of question marks at Microsoft, I think it's safe to say Sony will "win" again.

Will it be as good as last year? I don't know, but it's possible. The Last Guardian will be tough to top :)

I agree that Sony won last year. Those that didn't like that conference must've been very little into PlayStation games and history.

Regarding this year though, I think Microsoft can take advantage of the somewhat low expectations. After last year's TLG/FF7/Shenmue/Horizon/etc the expectations for Sony's conference are through the roof but Microsoft has been a lot quiter than they use to be and that may prove to be smart.

If none of the big PS rumors turn out true (Dead Don't Ride, Crash Bandicoot, Agent, Kojima tease, TLOU 2 tease, Spidey game from Sucker Punch, big JRPG from Japan Studio, Ape Escape 4, Killzone 4, etc) and they "just" show God of War IV, PlayStation Neo, PlayStation VR and new trailers from already known games (Horizon, Gran Turismo Sport, The Last Guardian, Detroit, Dreams, Gravity Rush 2, Uncharted 4 DLC, No Man's Sky, etc) Microsoft will be able to run with it. I know that'd be the worst case scenario for Sony but they could very likely disappoint many fans by using too much time on Neo, VR, COD, Destiny, etc.

Microsoft on the other hand seems prepared this year if rumors are anything to go by:

Xbox One Slim priced at $250 (40% smaller and no power brick) - Link
Xbox One Scorpio with VR compatibility releasing in 2017 (might not be at this year's E3) - Link
2 new Xbox streaming devices - Link
Xbox OG
 backwards compatibility - Link
Xbox One mouse and keyboard support - Link
Forza Horizon 3 (set in Australia) - Link
Dead Rising 4 (exclusive) - Link
State of Decay 2 (exclusive) - Link
New Battletoads (Rare's new game) - Link
New Age of Empires - Link
Exclusive 3rd party remake (could be Dead Rising 4 though) - Link
Exclusive 3rd party JRPG (could be Project Kyoto from Mistwalker and Silicon Studio) Link
Gears of War 4 (new trailer) - Link
Halo Wars 2 (new trailer + beta + 2016 release date) - Link
ReCore (new trailer) - Link
Scalebound (new trailer) - Link
Crackdown 3 (new trailer) - Link
Killer Instinct Season 1-3 (retail release + new character trailer) - Link
Sea of Thieves (new trailer) - Link
Halo 5: Guardians (PC release) - Link

Mike_L said:

Pre E3 rumors surrounding Xbox are very interesting this year. I just replied to Veknoid_Outcast to disagree upon a safe "win" for Sony.

Only a few days left :D

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Sony definitely "won" last year by a wide margin. With Nintendo reducing its footprint at E3 and with a lot of question marks at Microsoft, I think it's safe to say Sony will "win" again.

Will it be as good as last year? I don't know, but it's possible. The Last Guardian will be tough to top :)

I agree that Sony won last year. Those that didn't like that conference must've been very little into PlayStation games and history.

Regarding this year though, I think Microsoft can take advantage of the somewhat low expectations. After last year's TLG/FF7/Shenmue/Horizon/etc the expectations for Sony's conference is through the roof but Microsoft has been a lot quiter than they use to be and that may prove to be smart.

If none of the big PS rumors turn out true (Dead Don't Ride, Crash Bandicoot, Agent, Kojima tease, TLOU 2 tease, Spidey game from Sucker Punch, big JRPG from Japan Studio, Ape Escape 4, Killzone 4, etc) and they "just" show God of War IV, PlayStation Neo, PlayStation VR and new trailers from already known games (Horizon, Gran Turismo Sport, The Last Guardian, Detroit, Dreams, Gravity Rush 2, Uncharted 4 DLC, No Man's Sky, etc) Microsoft will be able to run with it. I know that'd be the worst case scenario for Sony but they could very likely disappoint many fans by using too much time on Neo, VR, COD, Destiny, etc.

Microsoft on the other hand seems prepared this year if rumors are anything to go by:

Xbox One Slim priced at $250 (40% smaller and no power brick) - Link
Xbox One Scorpio with VR compatibility releasing in 2017 (might not be at this year's E3) - Link
2 new Xbox streaming devices - Link
Xbox OG
 backwards compatibility - Link
Xbox One mouse and keyboard support - Link
Forza Horizon 3 (set in Australia) - Link
Dead Rising 4 (exclusive) - Link
State of Decay 2 (exclusive) - Link
New Battletoads (Rare's new game) - Link
New Age of Empires - Link
Exclusive 3rd party remake (could be Dead Rising 4 though) - Link
Exclusive 3rd party JRPG (could be Project Kyoto from Mistwalker and Silicon Studio) Link
Gears of War 4 (new trailer) - Link
Halo Wars 2 (new trailer + beta + 2016 release date) - Link
ReCore (new trailer) - Link
Scalebound (new trailer) - Link
Crackdown 3 (new trailer) - Link
Killer Instinct Season 1-3 (retail release + new character trailer) - Link
Sea of Thieves (new trailer) - Link
Halo 5: Guardians (PC release) - Link

First time I've been trans-quoted

Ryuu96 said:
Nice list Mike =)

Ripping from Gaf Question What old IP revival are you hoping or expecting to see this E3?

Personally I've been hoping for a long time Kung Fu Chaos gets a sequel but that will never happen

Would like if Kameo got a sequel too, would love if Viva Pinata got a sequel

I think none of that will happen though, the rumors about Age of Empires and/or Battletoads are probably true, don't really care about either game sadly but I think I could get into Age of Empires.

I'm psyched for Age of Empires 4!

I want Perfect Dark to be Rebooted. Pls MS, do it!

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

PD rebooted as a stealth game like Splinter Cell. And it should be 3rd person view as well.

That would be cool. I know it's not happening but more JRPGs on Xbox would be nice as well but that's what I have my PS4 for so I guess it doesn't matter.

ReCore looks cool. Hopefully gameplay footage at e3
Cuphead looks awesome. Better get a physical release eventually.
The rest i dont really know much about or dont care.

I'd totally take a Kameo reboot. 1st game had great potential and sold decently. Conker could have more appeal on Xbox though than Kameo (sadly)

Goatseye said:
NobleTeam360 said:

PD rebooted as a stealth game like Splinter Cell. And it should be 3rd person view as well.

Oh you.

In all seriousness though I'd definitely play that game.