By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2016 Thread - Starting!

Conference Starting

Hype 22 100.00%

Total:22
MikeG85 said:

i see someone said on neogaf that decisive games never made it past the concept stage and the studio doesnt exist .

another Microsoft (so called) studio bites the dust.

At this point, one of the best announcements at E3 for me would be a new AAA studio (s)  

"someone"? Something smells off and not just this comment. 

Around the Network

well i didnt want to read the whole thread as there is like 38 pages already...but the other posters seemed to think he was legit.

though i hope it is false.

would love for them to have a new studio.

Unfortunate if true then, not sure why MS went through so much trouble of opening a bunch of studios at the start of then gen and now most of them are probably closed. (even one that was here since the original Xbox).

Edit: I remember reading something somewhere that MS was going to outsource more of their game to 3rd party studios rather than develop their own in house studios. 

Edit 2: or I could be imaging reading that somewhere, who knows lmao. 

Ryuu96 said:

New Recore concept art

Getting a futuristic tomb raider vibe.

NobleTeam360 said:
I have no hype for Sea of Thieves, and I don't think very many do but what do I know. It probably has a ton of hype I'm just not aware of.

From me and most of my friends i know this game is pretty hyped up. But i only know like 9 people that play xbox.

Well, whatever gameplay MS shows for Sea of Thieves I hope it looks great. I could use a hype boost on the game xD

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Unfortunate if true then, not sure why MS went through so much trouble of opening a bunch of studios at the start of then gen and now most of them are probably closed. (even one that was here since the original Xbox).

Edit: I remember reading something somewhere that MS was going to outsource more of their game to 3rd party studios rather than develop their own in house studios. 

Edit 2: or I could be imaging reading that somewhere, who knows lmao. 

Eh, doesn't really need to be confirmed, it's obvious that's what they're doing, keeing their sure hits interal (Forza, Gears, Halo) and everything else can be outsourced to 3rd parties, Rare is an exception and Lift London I'm sure isn't even a game developer anymore. 

Strategy change doesn't bother me, whether it's internal studios or 3rd parties, I'm still getting games Lol.

But yeah I saw that comment, didn't post it because I didn't know the user but it wouldn't surprise me, though I still think they'll try make Age of Empires elsewhere.

Yeah it doesn't bother me at all either xD, if anything it means we'll get more games for Xbox. 

Wow, so the first Xbox since the original to not have a power brick. wooo

Ryuu96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Wow, so the first Xbox since the original to not have a power brick. wooo

It only took 15 years and Panos to achieve it! Panos Hype!! xD 

Little more tempted to get Slim, especially if it looks nice...

Yeah, I'm just hoping it's 250. That'll seal the deal for me. I'd probably still buy it if it's 299 as well though xD

i bet we're gonna get original xbox backwards compatibility they have stated it is possible and since the original xbox also ran X86 shouldn't that theoretically make it easier to make then 360 emulation on Xbox One?

animegaming said:
i bet we're gonna get original xbox backwards compatibility they have stated it is possible and since the original xbox also ran X86 shouldn't that theoretically make it easier to make then 360 emulation on Xbox One?

Yes. It should be easier, but the lack of demand is probably what's stopping them right now.