By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Did Sony Not Lock Down Battlefield 1 Marketing/Exclusive Content?

So Battlefield 1 looks really good. A lot better than COD IW but I've been wondering why sony didn't go after the exclusive content and marketing for the new Battlefield. Star Wars Battlefront did very well over the holidays on PlayStation and they also had a pretty big push for battlefield hardline so I was pretty shocked when I didn't see the PlayStation logo at the beginning of the trailer. The reasons i could think of is that either MS made a deal awhile back or that Sony doesn't care for battlefield since they have Cod.

Around the Network

EA and Microsoft have had a pretty good relationship this gen. Excluding Hardline and Battlefront, Microsoft has had marketing for all major EA games (as far as I know).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

No need to.

Because they really don't need it. They already have COD, and they have a bunch of their own games to market Q4 this time around.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Yeah, they already have CoD.

And it's a shame, really. Sony got the short end of the stick on that deal. =)

bet: lost

Around the Network

No need to. will sell more on PS4 regardless.

Unless you think a lot of people will buy an XB1 for BF1 when everyone around them probably has a PS4 and tells them the game will run better on PS4.

I at least give MS credit. They are still even trying and staying in the fight.

They have CoD, and no matter what people say it will sell a shit ton, just like the inevitable bundle will again move a shit ton. Besides, there's still plenty of other 3rd party deals they could get and The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo Sport and Horizon Zero Dawn (although rumored to be delayed) are supposed to be releasing later this year.

cause they already own the generation

Because Sony have cod and star wars. Battlefield 1 will sell waaaaaaaay more on ps4 anyway so what's the point.

You need to understand that they need to find a balance betwenn spending money on third party contrancts and earning money.They didnt make a deal with Battlefield because, in my opinion, it would just be a waste of money.Not that the game may or not be good, but because they already have the best first person shooter deal possible(AKA COD), and having another first person marketing deal wont make them sell more units.I mean, COD is the definition of popularity in FPS.They dont need more games in that genre to sell PS4 to fans of that style, they would just burn money, money that would be better spend elsewhere.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1