By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Did Sony Not Lock Down Battlefield 1 Marketing/Exclusive Content?

Because they locked down COD and it is going to sell better on PS4 anyways

Around the Network

Because the gen is already decided plus Call of duty.

shikamaru317 said:
They probably did try to get it and MS outbid them. MS is smart enough to know they couldn't let Sony get both CoD and Battlefield this Holiday. They made that mistake last year letting Sony get both Black Ops 3 and SW Battlefront, and the end result was MS losing a Holiday in the US for the first time in a long time.

2013?

There is no need for it really, like some People said its more a waste of money. They got and yeah maybe Infite Warfare is a "little" bit hated and now since BF1 Trailer all saying #RipCod, but seriously which Person that can see this things REALISTIC is going to believe BF stands a Chance in Sales against Cod, NONE !
And no i love both franchises and i really hope that BF1 can go back to the Sales of BF4/BF3, Hardline was a massive flop not only in playing the Game at least for a longt time, it was really fun the first 2 days of playing time.

Well im not like these BF/Cod ONLY Lover/Hater whatever you wanna call it, im just super excited that i get 3 Games this year and i hope they ALL turn out to be freakin awesome !! Damn this Year will be great (hopefully) and very expensive and not to mention Games like UC4, One Piece, GT, Horizon, KH, maybe Fifa...haha

Because EA didn't want to. Sony already has CoD, and EA wouldn't have wanted Sony to skimp out on Bf1 marketing because they're busy with CoD.

It's always been like this as far as I remember. If one console manufacturer had CoD, the other had Battlefield. The only. Battlefront isn't Battlefield.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

So Battlefield 1 looks really good. A lot better than COD IW but I've been wondering why sony didn't go after the exclusive content and marketing for the new Battlefield. Star Wars Battlefront did very well over the holidays on PlayStation and they also had a pretty big push for battlefield hardline so I was pretty shocked when I didn't see the PlayStation logo at the beginning of the trailer. The reasons i could think of is that either MS made a deal awhile back or that Sony doesn't care for battlefield since they have Cod.

Why would they? MS could get every marketing deal the rest of the gen and still get outsold...Sony had COD which will sell more anyway. EA seems to be in bed with MS to their own detriment.

melbye said:
Because they locked down COD and it is going to sell better on PS4 anyways

The game is gonna sell better regardless but remember it comes out October same month as Gears 4 so if they got a bundle they would sell more than they would without a bundle. 

i dont think there is one reason specifically, could be a majority of reasons. here are some of my thoughts

after last year with Sony having both marketing rights to CoD and Battlefront, MS thought it should step up its marketing efforts. they probably out bid Sony, by a considerable amount too, considering the success of battlefront

EA maybe thought they didnt want to share the spot light with CoD, so they opted to go for MS which would market it as THE fps of the year

Maybe Sony secured rights to market Titanfall 2, with TF2, CoD and Destiny (a big expansion will come out this year) they thought no need to spend more money on battlefield because they are covered in the FPS genre

maybe Sony's contract with Activision to market CoD prohibits them from promoting its main competitor which is battlefield (i find this least likely though, but still a possibility)

E3 is yet to come, and we dont know what other big 3rd party games are coming out, Watch Dogs is all but confirmed, and Sony might have the marketing rights for that and most likely do. so they might push CoD and Watch Dogs, maybe other games as well, and felt no need to spend more money on marketing big games

Cause EA ACCESS and Sony dont need to..

In Sony We Trust!

PS4K
PS4 Slim
PS4 Price drop
PSVR
UC4
No Man's Sky
GT Sport
Gravity Rush 2
Nier
Nioh
The Last Guardian
Dreams beta
The Tomorrow Children
Maybe Horizon and Persona 5
COD

Nintendo did the sensible thing and stepped aside.

The PS5 Exists.