By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No true and exclusive 3D Mario and Zelda on WII U

That's my two favourite series in gaming and seriously it pisses me off.

Zelda:   only uninteresting remakes (WW) or lazy ports (TP) and finally a new original game that is also on NX and delayed to the maximum.

N64 had two exclusive  original Zelda, Gamcube had 1, Wii had 1, Wii U has zero.

3D Mario:   only the spin off 3D World on Wii U but this isn't the same thing and category.

On N64 we had Mario 64, on GC Mario Sunshine and on the Wii the two Mario galaxy.

The way Nintendo treated the Wii U was very bad. They basically gave up ambitions with their main series.

Great games like Xeenoblade and Bayonetta 2 saves the day or the solo adventures, it's the desert outside of that. For the multi Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon saves the console from being a bigger failure.

Around the Network

I don't mind Nintendo giving some of their other franchises a chance to shine.

I agree about Zelda but not 3D World.

Super Mario 3D World is a 3D Mario, lol, it even says so in the damn title.

Zelda and Animal Crossing and Metroid ... if you want to bitch about those, sure, go ahead.

3D World > Sunshine any day of the week too, Sunshine felt more like a Mario Vacation spin-off than a true Mario game.

No F-zero
No Metroid
No (real) Animal Crossing
No (real) Paper Mario (colour splash is a sticker star style game)

Wii U has Splatoon & Mario Kart 8, though.

Around the Network

First, 3D Mario World is true 3D Mario game, second why Zelda needs to be exclusive to Wii U, its way more important that Wii U gets new Zelda, IMO way less important is if that game will be ported.

JRPGfan said:
No F-zero
No Metroid

Im sorry to say thia but there will never be a real paper mario game again. Yes i kno im sad too

3D World is not a 3D Mario game.

Miyamoto and Iwata didn"t consider it as part of the 64/Sunshine/Galaxy serie. It's a fact

It's a spin off like3D World.

Miyamotoo said:
First, 3D Mario World is true 3D Mario game, second why Zelda needs to be exclusive to Wii U, its way more important that Wii U gets new Zelda, IMO way less important is if that game will be ported.

No, because it means the Wiii U isn't required to play this Zelda.

Someome who wants to play this game at launch could have skipped the Wii U entirely.

JRPGfan said:

No F-zero
No Metroid

Wii U has Splatoon & Mario Kart 8, though.

Paper Mario Color Splash is (real) Paper Mario even if is sticker star style game. We didnt had F-Zero even on Wii, but we have for instance StarFox.

IMO only we lack on Wii U is Metroid Prime.