By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamespot gave Crisis Core a 9.

whhhhaaaat? Is that some special ads on Gamespot I missed?

Still, I am not regarding Gamespot as one of my "respected" review site, but frankly, I'm shocked with the score.

The Good

• Incredible and poignant story, starring a likable and complex hero
  • Every aspect of the production design, from cutscenes to voice acting, is utterly amazing
  • The DMW is a weird but fun way of leveling up
  • Enjoyable and addictive combat .

The Bad

• Combat is on the easy side
  • Player has no control over limit breaks and leveling .

didn't XPlay just called the combat: Repetitive and boring? and wasn't the voice acting "like goth-poem"? I guess they aren't "Japanese" now, right? ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Xplay gave Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword a 3/5, and its worst review so far. They fail since Brawl, I swear.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Xplay gave Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword a 3/5, and its worst review so far. They fail since Brawl, I swear.

they also gave Crysis 3/5.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

This game seems like it's only getting high scores due to the Final Fantasy 7 name. From what I've read about the game, I don't think it's anything more than a 7.5 game at best. I don't understand how this game gets a 9 but a game like Etrian Odyssey only gets a 7.8, and Lost Odessey a 7.5.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I guess everyone has a few retarded opinions every once in a while. It's just the nature of individuality.

However, these are some pretty good games that Xplay has dissed lately. I expect at least an obligatory 4/5 for Crysis, and Gaiden. Did they give Core Crisis a 3/5 also?

I dunno how. They're usually easily counted on a for a gimme score. It's like a freak occourance.

Tales of the Abyss also got a 3/5.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Hmmmm.....a 4 and a 9.....my point proven.

AAA is NOT proven by review scores only, but a combination of factors.

Anyhow, I already have it pre-ordered. Should be at my place in a few days! Yay!

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Riot Of The Blood said:
This game seems like it's only getting high scores due to the Final Fantasy 7 name. From what I've read about the game, I don't think it's anything more than a 7.5 game at best. I don't understand how this game gets a 9 but a game like Etrian Odyssey only gets a 7.8, and Lost Odessey a 7.5.

I hate the gay PSP and every game on it, but I think you're wrong on this one. Looks like a freakin' awesome game, and not a retread of another series, but a new, awesome game with nice story and production values.

Zack's side scene in FFVII was one of the most poignient easter eggs in the game, and you're dead wrong, my friend, imo, and I can say that because I've played as much of it as you have. None. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Riot Of The Blood said:

yeah, just like how Dirge of Cerberus got high scores due to the FF name, right? waaaait, that didn't happen.

Read the actual review or play the game before judging it.

selnor
Episode 2:

Jesus H. Christ!

Xplay gave it a 2 out of 5 star rating.

2 out of 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just lost all respect. Ninja Gaiden and now this. Sessler. You were beautiful once. You were so magnificant.

/turns back forever

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Jesus H. Christ!

Xplay gave it a 2 out of 5 star rating.

2 out of 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just lost all respect. Ninja Gaiden and now this. Sessler. You were beautiful once. You were so magnificant.

/turns back forever

Adam: ZenfoldorVGI is like a "goth poem" bad... 2/5

;), It wasn't so much the score, it was the review that I was unhappy about, the guy clearly never touched the game.

selnor
Episode 2: