By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Well, most people wanted ice cream. What kind?

Mint-endo Chocolate Chip 18 7.35%

Sonyberry 157 64.08%

Microsoft serve 17 6.94%

Cookies and Dreamcast 19 7.76%

Vanilla 16 6.53%

Organic and pun-free, thank you 18 7.35%

Total:245
Shadow1980 said:
Here's today's update for the monthly rankings:

PS4 CoD bundle: #16 (—)
XBO Gears bundle: #58 (↓1)
XBO 3-game bundle: #60 (↑3)
PS4 Uncharted 4 LE bundle: #75 (↑1)
PS Vita: #95 (↑1)
PS4 standalone: #99 (↓2)

And here's the update to the Week 4 rankings:

XBO 3-game bundle: #11 (—)
PS4 CoD bundle: #17 (↓2)
New 3DS XL MHG bundle: #53 (↑2)
XBO Gears bundle: #59 (↑3)
XBO Name Your Game bundle: #70 (↓3)
PS4 Uncharted 4 LE bundle: #77 (↑5)

So the XBO 3 game bundle is combined because on the hourlies there are two XBO 3 game bundles. The XBO sales have improved but at those crazy deals it should be doing a lot better.

Btw great work Shadow and GG.

Around the Network

Call me back when the rumored "xbox scorpion" comes to life... perhaps xbox will represent some competition, because right now ps4 is just killing X1 whit fire...

BraLoD said:
Manlytears said:
Call me back when the rumored "xbox scorpion" comes to life... perhaps xbox will represent some competition, because right now ps4 is just killing X1 whit fire...

It's all about the Vita!

Didn't you get the memo... the Vita is dead brah! Also very ironic!

BraLoD said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Didn't you get the memo... the Vita is dead brah! Also very ironic!

Vita has been keeping up it's vita regardless of it's failure, that's actually a very fitting name.
The struggle for vita is real!

I have a Vita from day 1 but hardly used it. I though the PS4 would breath some life into it but it never. Such a great little device though but a lot of factors let it down.

BraLoD said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I have a Vita from day 1 but hardly used it. I though the PS4 would breath some life into it but it never. Such a great little device though but a lot of factors let it down.

Sony had a real chance with the PS4 to give Vita a much needed marketing and support boost. Didn't happen.
Sony was way too much focused on finally making some money after all those years to care about keeping Vita when they could go all out with the PS4 and get more money for their investiments, Vita got messed up between a lot of factors, and got out of the way, sadly.

Anyway, go play some LoD on your Vita!

I don't take orders from a bot sorry!

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

So the XBO 3 game bundle is combined because on the hourlies there are two XBO 3 game bundles. The XBO sales have improved but at those crazy deals it should be doing a lot better.

Btw great work Shadow and GG.

Thanks!

Oh, and I just looked on Amazon and they don't have two separate entries for the 3-game bundle. I even looked under just Xbox bestseller, Xbox consoles, and even under the page for the 3-game bundle itself and couldn't see anything about a second 3-game bundle. Either GG confused the Name Your Game bundle (which has been the third-biggest bundle this month) for a second 3-game bundle or he made a typo, or there was an odd duplicate entry that no longer exists.

That's odd. Maybe it's been rectified because GG made a point of it not being a mistake in one of his post.

Shadow1980 said:

Thanks!

Oh, and I just looked on Amazon and they don't have two separate entries for the 3-game bundle. I even looked under just Xbox bestseller, Xbox consoles, and even under the page for the 3-game bundle itself and couldn't see anything about a second 3-game bundle. Either GG confused the Name Your Game bundle (which has been the third-biggest bundle this month) for a second 3-game bundle or he made a typo, or there was an odd duplicate entry that no longer exists.

There was definitely two bundles with the same game but they had different pictures. I followed them for quite some time expecting the 'mistake' (or whatever it was) to be rectified because they kept swapping places.

On the comment about 'versions' V 'cycles', I really do believe we've seen the last of console cycles from Sony, OR Kaz made that comment to throw MS off the trail and make it difficult to gauge what Sony would do next. I think that's why the recent MS messaging has been all over the place.

The PS5 Exists. 

Manlytears said:

Something's got to give. Because most of Microsoft's plans to thwart Sony end up like this.

Shadow1980 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

There was definitely two bundles with the same game but they had different pictures. I followed them for quite some time expecting the 'mistake' (or whatever it was) to be rectified because they kept swapping places.

Huh. That's odd. I guess the other one wasn't really supposed to be there. I don't see it anymore.

On the comment about 'versions' V 'cycles', I really do believe we've seen the last of console cycles from Sony, OR Kaz made that comment to throw MS off the trail and make it difficult to gauge what Sony would do next. I think that's why the recent MS messaging has been all over the place.

It was Shuhei Yoshida, not Kaz, and his comment was relayed to the media by a second-hand source (Oddworld creator Lorne Lanning). In any case, never trust off-the-cuff comments made by execs, studio heads, or devs. Do trust the realities of the console market. The console cycle has very good reasons behind why it exists in the first place, and there is absolutely no reason to think it'll stop being a thing anymore just because the PS4 got a slight boost in power for reasons that might have been beyond Sony's control.

Oh, I'm not basing the idea of 'versions' from what Shu said, I just included that as an extra piece of the puzzle. I do take your point about AMD but I'm also aware of how some media outlets would want it be seen as a necessity rather than a business choice. We'll see but I really don't see the point in PS5/6/7/9. At some point that cycle will be broken and having finished both UC4 and The Witcher 3, I think technology is far enough along to offer any experience a developer wants to offer. I think we're moving into an era of 'refinements' which negates the need for a fully blown console in my opinion.

9 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#19 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (up 3)
#50 XB1 1TB Three Game Bundle (down 3)
#59 N3DS Black (up 36)
#87 Vita (up 1)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#35 PS4 No Man's Sky (down 1)
#94 PS4 Star Ocean (same)

The PS5 Exists. 

RJ_Sizzle said:
Manlytears said:

Something's got to give. Because most of Microsoft's plans to thwart Sony end up like this.

Future Sega Console (backed by MS) confirmed.