By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Well, most people wanted ice cream. What kind?

Mint-endo Chocolate Chip 18 7.35%

Sonyberry 157 64.08%

Microsoft serve 17 6.94%

Cookies and Dreamcast 19 7.76%

Vanilla 16 6.53%

Organic and pun-free, thank you 18 7.35%

Total:245
xl-klaudkil said:
Soo someone here actually thinks uncharted 4 is going to bomb?

Uhmz the only games that will outsell uncharted on the ps4 is.
Cod
Maybe gran turismo
And..... Thats it

Don't forget GTA VI.

Around the Network

8 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#27 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle 
(down 3)
#68 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 1)
#76 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#39 PS4 No Man's Sky (down 9)

UC4: 3/78
UCC: 36

The PS5 Exists. 

Mazzy said:

Not sure what you're trying to say here. You largely agree that all the games mentioned either outsold, or were damn close (and would have outsold had they been exclusive to PS4) to Uncharted 4. You said Uncharted 4 was one of the top 5 debuts this gen, which was objectively wrong. And that's even comparing UC4 to only the PS4 version of multiplats, which already weighs the scale heavily in UC4's favor.

Left the party and arrived with it already being over :P Anyways, I'll make one last point.

Your first paragraph doesn't make sense and also demonstrates how you instantly forgot your previous comments. For instance, let's look at a snippet of this one.

Mazzy said:

I can already name five better performing games this gen: GTAV, Battlefront, Watch_Dogs, Arkham Knight, FIFA, CoD AW, CoD BO3, Destiny, The Division, Fallout 4. And those are just PS4 sales.

Now, let us recap the PS4 sales numbers Primethius provided.

UC4: 192K
Watch Dogs: 190K
Arkham Knight: 147.4K
Destiny: 184K
Battlefront: 191.75K
Division: Definitely less than 192K because the PS4:XB1 split is very close

What Primethius proved that UC4 sold more than the PS4 versions of these five multiplats. You may be right that UC4 is not one of the Top 5 debuts. However, you were wrong on 5/9 multiplats you mentioned.

You then say to just ignore all the red flags regarding sales and say that acknowleding these issues, and questioning the Amazon price slashes, lacklustre LE bundle sales, and mediocre sales compared to other big AAA exclusives is conjecture? If you think not having every bit of sales data at our disposal means we can't have a meaningful discussion, then we're all guilty of conjecture. 

This is a strawman fallacy. As I already mentioned, only Amazon is making these price reductions and it only comprises of 5% of the US marketshare. I also provided links to four other retailers that show UC4 is still full price. Why have you not addressed this? What do you mean by lacklustre LE bundle sales? How did you come to that conclusion, especially with a subjective statement. Do you have numbers for that? Is the LE bundle not that limited and if so, show us. In addition, you did not show how UC4 sales are mediocre compared to other big AAA exclusives. This is another instance of you just telling, but not showing.

Your closing sentence is also deeply flawed, as it insinuates that all conjectures are equal. As CGI has claried, there is nothing wrong with conjecture as long as you can back it up with evidence. However, you did not do this and the gap between your and Primethius's posts is absolutely drastic. You just follow up with subjective statement after subjective statement. You dismiss other people's comments as 'objectively false' without showing how.

GribbleGrunger said:

HARDWARE
#27 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle 
(down 3)
#68 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 1)
#76 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)

#39 PS4 No Man's Sky (down 9)

UC4: 3/78
UCC: 36

14-15 Days in the 1th spot lets see if this year or this gen we will see something charting this much on Amazon.

Mazzy said:
CosmicSex said:
A see a lot of discussion going on about whether Uncharted can beat other titles. Now while there has been competition on this front there is no reason to believe that Uncharted will underperform. I'm serious about this. Even if Uncharted isn't the best-selling title for the first week on PlayStation 4 it will be the number one best selling exclusive Week 1 in this generation. I honestly can't think of a reason why this wouldn't be the case. Is there a reason to believe that PlayStation owners would not support this title?

Really speaks to the decline of exclusives and them holding an increasingly irrelevant role in hardware sales. 

Not sure how this relates to my comment but i do agree that exclusives are mostly irrelevant to hardware with Nintendo being a clear exception in some cases.  There are many different reasons for this. Its not as simple as saying exclusives don't matter. But in a world where 80-90% of big titles are multiplat, the expected conclusion is that multiplats will have bigger sway in their magnitudes.  Only maybe an exclusive GTA title could break this rule but that wouldn't be smart business either... (because no on is gonna pay a billion+ dollars for one game.)

Around the Network

So, Overwatch launch this weekend ?.

Swordmasterman said:
So, Overwatch launch this weekend ?.

Monday the 23rd for the USA, at least that's when my copy is arriving from Best Buy. 

HARDWARE
#29 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle 
(down 2)
#69 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 1)
#71 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 5)

#37 PS4 No Man's Sky (up 2)

UC4: 3/70
UCC: 39

The PS5 Exists. 

retag.
I'm expecting overwatch to be huge.

jason1637 said:
retag.
I'm expecting overwatch to be huge.

I am too, though I think a lot of its sales are going to be on PC, so it will lean more heavily digital than most titles. I still expect a really good retail showing though.