By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could this be the reason NX hits in March 2017?

Do you think this is what the NX will be?

Yes, this is the future of Nintendo. 26 22.81%

No, Nintendo would never do this to me. 67 58.77%

Oh crap, my internet will not support this. 21 18.42%

Total:114

Now at 912 views.

Can the NX RUMOR APOCALYPSE just end.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DivinePaladin said:
I wish my review threads got 781 views. Maybe I should just put "NX" in the title of all of them...it's genius!

It's easier than that. All you need is one controversial statement in your review that you also put in the thread title. Preferably you make a comparison to a game in the same genre, something like "Move aside franchise X, you are an old hat now." or "This is what franchise X should have been."

The more popular the franchise you are badmouthing, the better it is.

Well the one time I badmouthed a popular series here I got a mod warning because popular and bad can't go hand in hand I guess. (Not that I'm salty, I've been an admin on forums before, I get it, but I still disagree with that sort of logic.)

My next review is going to be Zelda NX, with an early copy I found on the street, and I'm gonna say it's garbage. That'll get them views!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Now at 962 views.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

SonytendoAmiibo said:

Now at 962 views.

I would quit spamming the amount of views you got in your thread if I were you. It's not really necessary to post that. Besides, it's off-topic to your thread.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I would quit spamming the amount of views you got in your thread if I were you. It's not really necessary to post that. Besides, it's off-topic to your thread.

Your absolutely right. But I am amazed at how people will swarm over this thread like fire ants at the mention of NX. And how people will shoot you down about the thing when they know nothing about it themselves, like they are NX experts.

Any mods reading this have permission to lock this thread down.

I promise I will never post another NX thread ever again.

Around the Network

Count me out. Yall can have that streaming junk. I can hardly get netflix consistently.

To be honest it's not a bad idea so long as there's still a traditional NX physical console for those who want that.

But a streaming service from Nintendo could be a game changer because unlike Sony or MS, Nintendo on their own could provide enough value from a streaming service to justify a monthly cost. The problem with things like PS Now is Sony needs third parties and third parties want their cut of the money for offering streaming and it becomes a total clusterfuck quickly.

But y'know for that portion of the audience that simply does not want to pay even $150 for a seperate Nintendo console ... if you could get them in for $99 a pop and they're willing to pay say $12/month for access to Nintendo games ... it may not be a bad way to expand your customer base.

You could even offer it through the PS4 or XB1, the requirement would just be that you have to have the Nintendo controller.

Internet speed is another issue here though, *but* in Japan ultra-high-speed internet is spreading quickly and it wouldn't be so hard given the size of the country to allocate server units locally, so maybe it's an idea Nintendo starts with in Japan and then expands elsewhere as ultra high speed spreads over the years.

It could work like this:

For $89.99 (comes with NX controller + TV receiver) and $11.99/month you get access to hundreds of Virtual Console games ala carte, and a selection of rotating NX software. You can purchase full blown NX titles as well for full retail price and they are streamed to your device. If you play a lot, you pay a little more in a year end server fee. Works on iPad, iPhone, AppleTV, PC, Mac, PS4, XB1, as well (you must have the Nintendo controller though).

Famous YouTube personality Boogie also says the NX will be a streaming device.
Added his video to the OP and here.

https://youtu.be/_8A9FcfuIjE

Soundwave said:

To be honest it's not a bad idea so long as there's still a traditional NX physical console for those who want that.

But a streaming service from Nintendo could be a game changer because unlike Sony or MS, Nintendo on their own could provide enough value from a streaming service to justify a monthly cost. The problem with things like PS Now is Sony needs third parties and third parties want their cut of the money for offering streaming and it becomes a total clusterfuck quickly.

But y'know for that portion of the audience that simply does not want to pay even $150 for a seperate Nintendo console ... if you could get them in for $99 a pop and they're willing to pay say $12/month for access to Nintendo games ... it may not be a bad way to expand your customer base.

You could even offer it through the PS4 or XB1, the requirement would just be that you have to have the Nintendo controller.

Internet speed is another issue here though, *but* in Japan ultra-high-speed internet is spreading quickly and it wouldn't be so hard given the size of the country to allocate server units locally, so maybe it's an idea Nintendo starts with in Japan and then expands elsewhere as ultra high speed spreads over the years.

It could work like this:

For $89.99 (comes with NX controller + TV receiver) and $11.99/month you get access to hundreds of Virtual Console games ala carte, and a selection of rotating NX software. You can purchase full blown NX titles as well for full retail price and they are streamed to your device. If you play a lot, you pay a little more in a year end server fee. Works on iPad, iPhone, AppleTV, PC, Mac, PS4, XB1, as well (you must have the Nintendo controller though).

Maybe Nintendo can have a streaming device which has enough processing power to be a decent handheld also.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Soundwave said:

It could work like this:

Maybe Nintendo can have a streaming device which has enough processing power to be a decent handheld also.

One thing is for sure. The NX will be something completely new.

Nintendo did say it would coexist alongside the Wii U and 3DS so it is not a replacement for either of them.

There are a lot of Nintendo fans that do not want a streaming device, as seen in the posts here.