By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could this be the reason NX hits in March 2017?

Do you think this is what the NX will be?

Yes, this is the future of Nintendo. 26 22.81%

No, Nintendo would never do this to me. 67 58.77%

Oh crap, my internet will not support this. 21 18.42%

Total:114

It's delayed because Nintendo don't want to launch alongside the PSVR and potentially the PS4K. It also gives them more time to port over WiiU games.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
It's delayed because Nintendo don't want to launch alongside the PSVR and potentially the PS4K. It also gives them more time to port over WiiU games.

And finish the new launch titles, and make sure the 3rd party games aren't rushed either. Nintendo needs to prove they can get a home console without droughts. A first year with droughts is essential to get the trust back.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

What the **** is wrong with you??? Nintendo already said that they want that more games ae ready for the launch!!!

GribbleGrunger said:

Your 100% correct. The PSVR is going to be demonstrated at GameStops all over the US and people who go there once a year to buy gifts will try it out. It will be the big videogame gadget of the holidays.

Nintendo has been out gimmicked by Sony. Never thought I would ever see that happen.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

zorg1000 said:
DélioPT said:

It is speculation, indeed! :D

Even if it hadn't been confirmed to be HW, we live in a world where that just isn't feasible. And for two main reasons at that:

The required broadband connection to make people forget it's a stream and not a disk, isn't available to the mass market.
Being a stream device would automatically cast aside all those users who want something physical or need it (to trade in for other games/money).

A console like this would just be the end of the Nintendo's home console - and Sony and MS's as well.

It's not that a stream NX SKU couldn't also exist, just not the only option.

dont forget that NX as a streaming device completely makes My Nintendo irrelevant since its based on the idea of getting discounts on games by purchasing games.

Didn't think of that!

It's a really good point.

Around the Network

Remember that Nintendo patent that showed two pieces of software? Software A and software B. Why would they break up the software into separate sets. Maybe a hybrid streaming box with a hard drive would download
the part of the game that was bandwidth intensive locally while the easy to stream parts of the game are left on servers. You would get My Nintendo rewards for purchasing the game, but only download PART of the game,
like textures and such while you streamed the rest.
Nintendo always innovates and invents new ways of doing things.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Probably Sony or MS could get away with it - which i don't believe; not now, at least -, but Nintendo? They need to give people all the reasons they can to convince people to support their home console business.

Alienating consumers on a business that's not in good health is pratically suicide.

DélioPT said:
Probably Sony or MS could get away with it - which i don't believe; not now, at least -, but Nintendo? They need to give people all the reasons they can to convince people to support their home console business.

Alienating consumers on a business that's not in good health is pratically suicide.

You said it. And the chances Nintendo took with the Wii U turned out to be suicide. Having been a Nintendo fan since the very beginning, I would not be surprised that they tried something never before seen in the world of video games. Nintendo gets thrown off the horse, dust themselves off and jump right back on the horse for another ride.