By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could this be the reason NX hits in March 2017?

Do you think this is what the NX will be?

Yes, this is the future of Nintendo. 26 22.81%

No, Nintendo would never do this to me. 67 58.77%

Oh crap, my internet will not support this. 21 18.42%

Total:114

Streaming, no. One simple reason: Latency.
Nintendo cares a lot about latency. This is why Nintendo put a lot of effort to keep WiiUs gamepad streaming latency to as low as possible. Even though other streaming solutions are good enough (ps4-psvita, tpc-tablets, etc), they wont be as good as something designed from the ground up for it (like WiiU).
The feel of the game matter a lot to Nintendo, how you press the button should affect how Mario jumps, there was an article on gamasutra about this, something about milliseconds and Mario's jump.
This is also why you see patents like Supplemental Computing Device, one of it's biggest advantage is latency. It makes (near) real-time cloud computing much more practical.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
RolStoppable said:
NX has been announced as dedicated gaming hardware.

Skipping E3 is easily explained by E3's diminishing relevance and Nintendo being insistent on being secretive until close before launch.

/thread

That's very unlikely. If that is true, the NX would be a big flop. I think it would flop as bad as the Virtual Boy (which didn't even sell a million units).

SonytendoAmiibo said:

Nintendo's older games are very small data sizes and will be purchased and downloaded to the hybrid streaming box's hard drive. So yes you will own games to some degree.

This thing is going to reinvent how a steaming game service works. 

Imagine streaming a game online but your hard drive has the next ten minutes of the game preloaded on the hard drive in advance of where you currently are in the game. If your internet connection is fluctuating it will not matter because the game is buffered on the hard drive.

Aren't theories fun. Because this is all just rumors and speculation at this point.

No, theories aren't fun. Deductive reasoning is fun. There's nothing deductive about your reasoning. You're literally making shit up. Half of what you're saying now to stretch streaming to fit into what Nintendo has already confirmed makes literally no technical sense at this point.

RolStoppable said:

Why do you bother?

This is a case of Youtube speculation vs. Nintendo confirmed that NX will be dedicated gaming hardware.

Because threads like this make me... rrghhh...

SonytendoAmiibo said:

This is a very good reason that would explain why NX is launching in March 2017 without ever being shown at E3. 

Because the NX is NOT a gaming console. It's a steaming service where games play from a server online.

This video has opened a whole new world of speculation.

https://youtu.be/nAbeaG8upiY

It has specs as confirmed by their President who said they'll be reveal later this year so it's not a service.

Around the Network

No. The world is not ready for streaming games. Psnow is not looking to be a success.
Dragon quest X failed on mobile and 3ds and japan.

The cost of such a service and all the technical problems for the gamers make it impossible to be a success.
It will mayne happen one day. But not next year

I'm making a point here. This thread is now at 781 views because it has the letters NX in it. No facts. Nothing but rumors and speculations. And it's my first successful VGC thread, as far as views go.

Do you guys see what I did here.

THIS IS TOTAL CLICK BAIT BULLCRAP which has taken over VGC and I apologize for doing this.

Spemenig is now losing it and it's my fault.
Can the NX RUMOR APOCALYPSE just end.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Now at 823 views.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

I wish my review threads got 781 views. Maybe I should just put "NX" in the title of all of them...it's genius!

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Now at 882 views.