By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the NX be Powerfull?

Will the NX be less powerfull

Nope, more Powerfull then PS4 187 48.32%

It will be between Wii U and Ps4 157 40.57%

It will be less powerfull then Wii U 43 11.11%

Total:387

The completely new concept scares me, however keep this in mind:

Nintendo is porting the Wii U version of Zelda to the NX. If the NX was as powerful or less powerful than the Wii U porting would be a hassle and much harder to do on a console as such. Thus, the NX must be more powerful than the Wii U at least.

The NX has a 50/50 percent chance of being more powerful than the PS4 or just as powerful. If Nintendo were smart, they'd make it more powerful than the PS4 which isn't hard to do at all by today's technology.

Around the Network
AAA300 said:
hoala said:

nx was planned by iwata. I doubt the new president changed the whole concept just some month after the got the position. That might happen with the NX successor.

It's already happening! Zelda was delayed to be a launch title for NX in 2016 so by looking at that we know the NX was a 2016 holiday goal for launch. Then after the investors meeting they announced Zelda is moved to March 2017 ! With that info we can assume NX has been delayed to March from a original 2016 launch! Why is that important? Because if there making a weaker cheaper console they would and should have hit there 2016 goal as they stated in a previous investors meeting of NX contributing to profits in 2016. So I would assume there are some changes happening with a new president in charge. I thought it was going to be more powerful than ps4, but with this new delay I think they may be beefing it up a little bit more to counter the ps4k/xbox1.5 .

or they will just have some big launch titles not ready in 2016.

Ljink96 said:
Nintendo is porting the Wii U version of Zelda to the NX. If the NX was as powerful or less powerful than the Wii U porting would be a hassle and much harder to do on a console as such. 

They ported Hyrule Warriors to 3ds/N3ds

Player2 said:

Nintendo has stated that NX won't be sold at a loss, so no, it won't. Which is a good thing.

The PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One and Wii U and it sold at a profit. You don't need a weak console to be profitable. If NIntendo didn't use the GamePad, the Wii U would have cost 200-250 at launch not 300-350. With today's technology, it's much easier to make a console that's cheap and relatively powerful.

AAA300 said:
WoodenPints said:

Stating you opinion as if its fact I see, Where have they ever said the NX will be a gimmicky weak console? Nobody knows exactly what it will be.

I also think it's really stupid to think that a console has to be weak in order to have a gimmick! The wiimote wasn't expensive to make  they could have made the wii stronger. If the new thing is cheap the console could still be powerful.

If the wii would be as strong AND as expensive as the ps3/xbox 360 im pretty sure they wouldnt had sell 100mio.

The Wii was a success because it was cheap and people thought "150 buck? Fuck it, ill try it".

Thats also the reason why Oculus Rift/HTC vive most likely wont sell much units. They are damn expensive. For 150 bucks, 20x as many people would probl get a VR Headset to "test it".

Around the Network
hoala said:
Ljink96 said:
Nintendo is porting the Wii U version of Zelda to the NX. If the NX was as powerful or less powerful than the Wii U porting would be a hassle and much harder to do on a console as such. 

3DS runs on ARM. Both are similar in architecture, N3DS is simply more powerful in terms of processing power. We don't know what NX's architecture looks like at this point. What even?

Edit: Oh, the Wii U version you mean. Still, you're not going to tell me that they'd port Zelda U to a weaker or just as strong console. It simply wouldn't make any sense. That's what got Nintendo Wii U into the 3rd party trouble its in now.

Ljink96 said:
hoala said:

3DS runs on ARM. Both are similar in architecture, N3DS is simply more powerful in terms of processing power. We don't know what NX's architecture looks like at this point. What even?

what?

Hyrule Warriors was a Wii U Game (PowerPC Based) and got ported to the 3Ds/N3Ds (Arm based).

hoala said:
Ljink96 said:

what?

Hyrule Warriors was a Wii U Game (PowerPC Based) and got ported to the 3Ds/N3Ds (Arm based).

I just updated my post.

teigaga said:

N64 and Gamecube were just as cheap as NES and SNES($199). All had good specs, N64 was the most cutting edge but also launched almost 2 years behind the PS1 and without a CD drive. The Gamecube failure was mainly just a result of playstations domination started by the N64's shortcomings, once again reinforced by Gamecube arriving  late, 1 year  after the PS2. 

The NX will launch 3 years after the ps4.

Hopefully, but will find out eventually..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]