By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the NX be Powerfull?

Will the NX be less powerfull

Nope, more Powerfull then PS4 187 48.32%

It will be between Wii U and Ps4 157 40.57%

It will be less powerfull then Wii U 43 11.11%

Total:387
Ljink96 said:

The patents heavily hint at a home console with supplementary devices. Plus, 3rd parties, Square Enix, plan to port Dragon Quest XI to NX. Don't think they'll port the PS4 version to a handheld.

Nintendo have dozens of patents. We dont even know if the NX is patented yet.

Dq11 is coming to the 3ds as well.

xenoblade chronicles (a 7th gen game) rum better on 7th gen hardware (wii) then 8th gen hardware (3ds).

Around the Network
Chazore said:
hoala said:

If the wii would be as strong AND as expensive as the ps3/xbox 360 im pretty sure they wouldnt had sell 100mio.

The Wii was a success because it was cheap and people thought "150 buck? Fuck it, ill try it".

Thats also the reason why Oculus Rift/HTC vive most likely wont sell much units. They are damn expensive. For 150 bucks, 20x as many people would probl get a VR Headset to "test it".

I don't know why you keep bringing up two VR headsets vs a console from a single company that has mostly sold their consoles for cheap, that and the fact that the other VR headsaet isn't cheap as chips either.

because both are gimmicks as well. This just prooves that cheap gimmick sell better then expensive gimmicks.

teigaga said:

Well circumstances  are quite different. N64 was never able to equal Playstations support due to its storage medium and the fact that architecture back then was so different. Most games were developed as excluisves, especially from Japanese publishers. who were the industry leaders at the time. This isn't the case today. If N64 came  2 years late but had Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid and Tekken, things would have been very different and the system would  be far more successful. 

Thats right, the situation had changedd. People know a days do play online. ALOT.

They want to play online with their friends. If NX releases, 60Mio people will own a Ps4 and 0 and NX.

People will still get the Ps4 over the NX (even if both get same 3rd party game) to play online together with their friends. That was the same situation in 2012 with the wii u.

If NX really is a powerfull console that goes into competition with the ps4 (like n64 and ps1), Nintendo need crossplay with ps4 for all multiplattform games or they are done before release.

The situation now a days is even ALOT worse then it was back in n64 ps1 times. You cant have a different system then your friends now a days.

hoala said:
Chazore said:

I don't know why you keep bringing up two VR headsets vs a console from a single company that has mostly sold their consoles for cheap, that and the fact that the other VR headsaet isn't cheap as chips either.

because both are gimmicks as well. This just prooves that cheap gimmick sell better then expensive gimmicks.

You may as well call all of VR a gimmick then and include PSVR along with Mobile VR.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
hoala said:

You may as well call all of VR a gimmick then and include PSVR along with Mobile VR.

PSVR isnt even released yet.

Mobile VR is indeed pretty successfull, because its cheao (google cardboard and co).

Around the Network
hoala said:
Chazore said:

Mobile VR is indeed pretty successfull, because its cheao (google cardboard and co).

Not primarily in the way for gaming, even when PSVR is sold it's going to egt coupled with what you suggest, unless you've set this up in such a way that just pc VR is going to flop hard and be just a gimmick along with anything Nintendo chucks out, I think I'm going to go with that assumption.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

hoala said:
RolStoppable said:

Really? The most important thing is how good the Nintendo games are going to be and how numerous they are.

so we get a wii u 2? The perfect secondary console 10 mio+ people will buy ?

not necessarily, he said how good and how numerous. Wii U only has about a half dozen somewhat major retail games per year. Most will agree that 2014 was the best year for Wii U and here are the major Nintendo published games it got that year.

February-DKC: Tropical Freeze

May-Mario Kart 8

September-Hyrule Warriors

October-Bayonetta 2

November-Super Smash Bros U

December-Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Compare that to the 3DS best year, 2013

February-Fire Emblem: Awakening

March-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

April-Lego City Undercover

May-DKC Returns 3D

June-Animal Crossing: New Leaf

August-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

October-Pokemon X/Y

November-Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Mario Party: Island Tour

Wii U had 1 Nintendo published game per quarter until the holidays in its best year while 3DS had 3 Nintendo published games per quarter with the exception of the summer.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Chazore said:
hoala said:

Not primarily in the way for gaming, even when PSVR is sold it's going to egt coupled with what you suggest, unless you've set this up in such a way that just pc VR is going to flop hard and be just a gimmick along with anything Nintendo chucks out, I think I'm going to go with that assumption.

I think PSVR will flop too. 400 bucks + move controller + camera is to much.

I think VR could be successfull in the long run (maybe) but all 1.gen products are pretty gimmicky so far (technology just isnt that far). 

If real full aaa games like last of us will be released as vr games that might be even the future (and people will pay that much money) but at the moment most games are pretty much like wii sports.

Depends what you consider powerful. If you think the PS4 is powerful, then yeah NX will be powerful.

zorg1000 said:

not necessarily, he said how good and how numerous. Wii U only has about a half dozen somewhat major retail games per year. Most will agree that 2014 was the best year for Wii U and here are the major Nintendo published games it got that year.

February-DKC: Tropical Freeze

May-Mario Kart 8

September-Hyrule Warriors

October-Bayonetta 2

November-Super Smash Bros U

December-Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Compare that to the 3DS best year, 2013

February-Fire Emblem: Awakening

March-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

April-Lego City Undercover

May-DKC Returns 3D

June-Animal Crossing: New Leaf

August-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

October-Pokemon X/Y

November-Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Mario Party: Island Tour

Wii U had 1 Nintendo published game per quarter until the holidays in its best year while 3DS had 3 Nintendo published games per quarter with the exception of the summer.

Alright.

But why are there that many more 3ds games compared to wii u games? Because 3ds games are alot easier to make (because the 3ds has inferior hardware it cant even handle high end graphics/much details and co).

Just imagine the differences in faces between Ps2 and Ps4. A face for a ps2 game was probl done in some hours but for an Ps4 game they are working days/weeks on all small details, textures and co.

Nintendo doesnt have THAT many and THAT big first party studios.

With weaker hardware they will be able to create MORE not AS good looking games.

More first party games + cheaper console priece = more sales.

3DS is the perfect proove. Sure the games didnt looked as good as on wii u but the system was cheaper and has more games. And it sold way better.

All in all im sure nintendo put MORE ressources in game development on Wii U as on 3ds. Just because they need 10x as many ressources to make a zelda wii then a triforce heroes the wii u had less games.