By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the NX be Powerfull?

Will the NX be less powerfull

Nope, more Powerfull then PS4 187 48.32%

It will be between Wii U and Ps4 157 40.57%

It will be less powerfull then Wii U 43 11.11%

Total:387
hoala said:
Luke888 said:
Nintendo has a new president now, most of your arguments are invalid just because of that...

nx was planned by iwata. I doubt the new president changed the whole concept just some month after the got the position. That might happen with the NX successor.

It's already happening! Zelda was delayed to be a launch title for NX in 2016 so by looking at that we know the NX was a 2016 holiday goal for launch. Then after the investors meeting they announced Zelda is moved to March 2017 ! With that info we can assume NX has been delayed to March from a original 2016 launch! Why is that important? Because if there making a weaker cheaper console they would and should have hit there 2016 goal as they stated in a previous investors meeting of NX contributing to profits in 2016. So I would assume there are some changes happening with a new president in charge. I thought it was going to be more powerful than ps4, but with this new delay I think they may be beefing it up a little bit more to counter the ps4k/xbox1.5 .

Around the Network
hoala said:
WoodenPints said:

It's not prooving that and if anythijng its showing that gimmick, motion, 2 screen or what ever you want to call it that it's not needed through reviews and probably its lifetime sales. It's a mistake that Nintendo "should" of picked up on and learnt from it moving into the NX.

So because of star fox zero reviews they will scratch their original NX idea over and instead of releasing a gimmicky but weak console they will release a powerfull console without gimmicks in less then a year? Sounds plausible.

Stating you opinion as if its fact I see, Where have they ever said the NX will be a gimmicky weak console? Nobody knows exactly what it will be.

Powerful for Nintendo maybe. PS4 was already underpowered when it launched 2013. If the NX launches in 2017 with the same power I guess we shouldn't call it powerful.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

hoala said:
Chazore said:

We'll see how far the next possible gimmick is pushed, if anything it could actually turn out to work for themr ather than against them.

Its very certain that they are using a gimmick for NX (brand new concept).

A gimmicky console is ALOT easier to sell at low priece then at high priece.

Just check Oculus Rift / HTC Vive. Those things are probl amazing (never tested them) but they wont be a great success sales whise. Just because they are that damn expensive.

If Nintendo manages to get a cool gimmick many people are interested in, they will sell way more consoles at a cheaper priece because people will buy the console for the gimmick and not for its graphics (like wii).

Many people were cool with spending 150 bucks on a wii to test this social  motion gaming.

If the wii would be 400 bucks, they would never manage to sell 100mio units.

Are you trying to say that the gimmick will be bad, the console will just flop and that the other two VR devices will flop but not the PSVR?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

WoodenPints said:
hoala said:

So because of star fox zero reviews they will scratch their original NX idea over and instead of releasing a gimmicky but weak console they will release a powerfull console without gimmicks in less then a year? Sounds plausible.

Stating you opinion as if its fact I see, Where have they ever said the NX will be a gimmicky weak console? Nobody knows exactly what it will be.

I also think it's really stupid to think that a console has to be weak in order to have a gimmick! The wiimote wasn't expensive to make  they could have made the wii stronger. If the new thing is cheap the console could still be powerful.

Around the Network

It would suck if it is not as powerful as the ps4. The ps4 is not that powerful and cannot even consistently output 1080p/60fps. It's ridiculous, especially now that it will be 2016/2017. It would be ridiculous if it is not at least as powerful as the ps4, but it should be more powerful.

Hi

Nintendo has stated that NX won't be sold at a loss, so no, it won't. Which is a good thing.

Chazore said:
hoala said:

Its very certain that they are using a gimmick for NX (brand new concept).

A gimmicky console is ALOT easier to sell at low priece then at high priece.

Just check Oculus Rift / HTC Vive. Those things are probl amazing (never tested them) but they wont be a great success sales whise. Just because they are that damn expensive.

If Nintendo manages to get a cool gimmick many people are interested in, they will sell way more consoles at a cheaper priece because people will buy the console for the gimmick and not for its graphics (like wii).

Many people were cool with spending 150 bucks on a wii to test this social  motion gaming.

If the wii would be 400 bucks, they would never manage to sell 100mio units.

Are you trying to say that the gimmick will be bad, the console will just flop and that the other two VR devices will flop but not the PSVR?.

This guy seems very biased against Nintendo. And people didn't pay 150 to test the wiis social motion gaming. Wii launched at $250 and was so hot it was being sold at $300-$350 much like the ps2 for its first  couple of years it was being marked up and forcing people to by made up store bundles. The demand was high and people paid the higher prices back then and if the demand is there they would do it again.

Depends what you consider for powerful, I expecting similar power to PS4.

hoala said:

Keep in mind:

- "complete new concept"

- Nintendo almost never had success with high end consoles (n64, gamecube); their underpowered + cheap consoles often sold like hotcakes

Not true actually.

N64 and Gamecube were just as cheap as NES and SNES($199). All had good specs, N64 was the most cutting edge but also launched almost 2 years behind the PS1 and without a CD drive. The Gamecube failure was mainly just a result of playstations domination started by the N64's shortcomings, once again reinforced by Gamecube arriving  late, 1 year  after the PS2. 

Nintendo has more often found success with modern spec consoles  (NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube) than weak ones (wii, wii U). Only once have they found success with a weak home console and its in the form of the Wii , a console driven by a massive gimmick.

To answer your question OP, there must be some truth in the statement "complete new concept". Unless the new concept is relating to a service or the way the system operates (upgradable hardware?), then its likely in a form of a peripheral that will detract resources from the systems specs. The console will likely be relatively weaker than modern tech but marginally stronger than the 3 year old PS4. Essentially the Wii U had it launched in 2009 instead of 2012. If they want to hit $299 then it'll maybe be a bit weaker than the PS4+ come with the gimmick.