By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nioh on PS4: 1080p30 or 720p60 - you decide

What would you choose?

720p60 74 57.36%

1080p30 55 42.64%

Total:129
Ballas said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Too bad dropping to 720P doesn't double the framerate, probably about 45fps tops.

The article states that it runs at 55fps in action mode.

Just saw the video and as expected the framerate drops below 50 fps, as low as 45 fps in action mode. Movie mode runs at atleast 30 fps, and mostly between 35 fps and 40 fps. So the framerate deffinitely does not double, and action mode also reduces texture filtering on top of lowering the resolution to 720P.

That said i'm a big fan of including a simple option like this for players to choice, but it should be more optimised and guarantee 30 fps or 60 capped.

Around the Network

Don't even know why this can't run at a solid 1080p 60fps.
The game looks like last gen nothing special.

Ps4 can do sooo much better

Bloodborne. Looks better.

Dark souls3 looks better.

Ratchet and clank looks waaay better.

Mgs5 looks waaay better.

Ff 15 looks better.

Horizon looks better. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Gameplay over graphics always.60 fps

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

The game is so ugly that ill play in 720p to not see thé ugliness too much clearly

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

#PS4KMASTERRACE #1080P60ALWAYS

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

"Hi-res modes" were pretty common during the N64 days. It lets users pick what they find important, instead of the developers doing it for them.

Neo mode.... 1080p 60fps.

xl-klaudkil said:

Don't even know why this can't run at a solid 1080p 60fps.
The game looks like last gen nothing special.

Ps4 can do sooo much better

Bloodborne. Looks better.

Dark souls3 looks better.

Ratchet and clank looks waaay better.

Mgs5 looks waaay better.

Ff 15 looks better.

Horizon looks better. 

I mean, it's probably a pretty low budget game in it's alpha state. It may end up looking better, it may not. Bit it's not to see why it's not a graphical showcase for the PS4.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

720p 60

Chrizum said:
"Hi-res modes" were pretty common during the N64 days. It lets users pick what they find important, instead of the developers doing it for them.

^This.