By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Just Did What Microsoft Did.

It's going to be hilarious when Nintendo has nothing but Zelda U at an E3, only to later delay the Wii U version so the NX version can launch first.

Around the Network

4 year cycles are perfect in my opinion, Microsoft could have released a new Xbox in 2009. A Wii HD in 2010 would have been better aswell.

Jega said:
Gamemaster87 said:
It was a terrible decision. I won't buy NX.

You will buy it.

I am very interested in it.

I won't. Can't you read?

Consoles back then was still the primarily platform to play video games. Now it's PC and Smartphones. I don't think any kind of next-gen console will be in a good position. Whether it's NX or PS4k or "Xbox Two."
I hope PS4k is not a separated console, or otherwise, the PS4 momentum is gonna crash.

i dont recall much 360 backlash.

Also where have you been? There's been tons of NX backlash, most of it has died down by now since the system was announced over a year ago.

Also consider that Xbox was a great console with good support, people don't feel the same about the Wii U. Lots of non Wii U owners are looking to the NX, it's a chance for Nintendo to win people over. There are fans like me who love their IPs and are waiting for a system worthy of a purchase

Around the Network

MS in general receives more criticism because they go head to head with Playstation. I'd argue Starting with N64, Nintendo shifted to more of a casual gamer focus given they lost much of core audience to Playstation.

Given how long MS supported Xbox 360 and how well it did, I think Playstation fans backed off on the MS doesn't support their platforms for very long argument. Also, Vita hurt Sony's record of long support of their platforms.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Gamemaster87 said:
Jega said:

You will buy it.

I won't. Can't you read?

Kinda your own fault, people on this board tried to tell you what was happening.

Enjoy games, but don't ever drink the corporate kool-aid, these companies have their own priorities, don't ever assume they are your "friends".

Gamemaster87 said:
Jega said:

You will buy it.

I won't. Can't you read?

I think you are just upset. When we are upset we all say what we feel.

Sometimes we say something and later change our minds.

I haven't bought a Nintendo console since the Famicom (NES), and the secrecy behind the NX got me very interested.

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Nintendid what Microsoft do'd

I chuckled because of this. Congratulations.

Jega said:
Gamemaster87 said:

I won't. Can't you read?

I think you are just upset. When we are upset we all say what we feel.

Sometimes we say something and later change our minds.

I haven't bought a Nintendo console since the Famicom (NES), and the secrecy behind the NX got me very interested.

That's because what's in your imagination is more compelling than what likely will be actual reality.

In reality it'll be a game console, probably on the toy-like side, just like every other Nintendo console before it, with some minor gimmick that plays mostly Nintendo games.