By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX very likely to flop....here is why: (my opinion)

NX or Wii U

NX 80 40.40%

Wii U 13 6.57%

Ps4. 105 53.03%

Total:198
mountaindewslave said:

funny having an 'opinion' about something flopping that you know literally NOTHING about.

Release in march 2017 world wide

Native Gaming device

Runs Zelda Wii U

Made by Nintendo

I know something about it and thats enough for this prognose. Even with the best nintendo lineup ever (new 3d Mario, New Metroid prime game, new mario kart, new pokemon, new Smash) and Titan X´s performance it would flop imo. It istn important.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
I dont get those Nintendo doom threads.I mean, people are already saying Nintendo will fail without even knowing that the heck NX is about.Lets see first what it is,what support will it get, and then you can start bashing it all you want.

It's not Playstation so it must be doomed!

The videogame God's have spoken...

Mr Puggsly said:

Only 3 ways NX can succeed...

1. Have an incredible gimmick (needs to be a better gimmick than a tablet)

I really hope its not that. I doubt it will work (cant imagine anything that would be cool) + it wont help nintendo in the long run. Maybe they can make a new wii (to be honest, even the wii wasnt THAT great. Sure it was sucsessfull, but many buyers got that thing, played 2 weeks and never touched it again). But whats then? Nintendo is a gaming only company. They need to develop new devices frequently. They cant just gamble for some look with innovations for the long run. 

2. Be significantly cheaper than than competition (maybe it would sell ~30 million units that way)

Well there is still the ps3/xbox 360 which u can get for like 80 bucks and have dozens of great games. Cheap priece comes always with low performance. 

3. Sony and MS leave the console business (not impossible, just improbable)

Others would come and take their places;)

hoala said:
Zoombael said:

"- Release in march / miss holiday season"

It's not that easy. We have two competitors and one of them has a very long stride. Especially in this year. October comes PSVR and a bunch of games (third and first). A new console with barely a fraction of the attraction during holiday season? I don't think that's a good idea. Rather wait, release during winter/spring - good season for games too -, gain traction and build up library.

Not that it won't flop though.

I doubt Nintendo will be in direct competition to PSVR and co.

Nintendo main audience are children. Check their first party lineup, 90% cartoony rated e games. (which are alot fun even for adults dont get me wrong).

Those 8 year old children wont get PSVR. And they wont get an NX in march, they could get one as a xmas present.

hoala said:
Zoombael said:

"- Release in march / miss holiday season"

It's not that easy. We have two competitors and one of them has a very long stride. Especially in this year. October comes PSVR and a bunch of games (third and first). A new console with barely a fraction of the attraction during holiday season? I don't think that's a good idea. Rather wait, release during winter/spring - good season for games too -, gain traction and build up library.

Not that it won't flop though.

I doubt Nintendo will be in direct competition to PSVR and co.

Nintendo main audience are children. Check their first party lineup, 90% cartoony rated e games. (which are alot fun even for adults dont get me wrong).

Those 8 year old children wont get PSVR. And they wont get an NX in march, they could get one as a xmas present.

This is where you really come off as though Nintendo molested you or something... Your data that you are spewing is baseless and Nintendo has even proven actually with charts that the most active WiiU users 20-38 year old males. Kids get iPad's from parents, I wish you pathetic debaters would stop trying to use this as a reason something won't sell. Just admit that you have no clue what the NX is, so there's really no point in having an opinion yet!

Ck1x said:

This is where you really come off as though Nintendo molested you or something... Your data that you are spewing is baseless and Nintendo has even proven withactually charts that the most active WiiU users 20-38 year old males. Kids get iPad's from parents, I wish you pathetic debaters would stop trying to use this as a reason something won't sell. Just admit that you have no clue what the NX is, so there's really no point in having an opinion yet!

Ah so thats why all their advertisment comes on nickelodeon ?

Thats why almost all their titles are rated e?

Thats why their latest xmas advertisment was THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0cW2aAytFU ?

Thats why Splatoon got no voice chat? Because 20-32 years old talk bad in voice chat?

On the Nintendo World Championchip there was a child that said how awesome he think splatoon is. Check it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWd526uKyo

Thats their main audience. That doesnt mean 20-32 arnt allowed to game on that system, but they are definitly not the main audience. 20-32 most likely prefer games like witcher 3 with deep und dark storys. Something nintendo never did.

Around the Network

Actually 9-10 year old boys in particular are crazy about the Playstation brand because they desperately want to be playing games their mom would say no to (ie: Grand Theft Auto).

Nintendo ironically while they do aim for kids, sure it doesn't surprise me that their actual fan base is mostly adults.

I've never seen a kid buying an Amiibo toy ... it's *always* 20-30 something males, lol.

Hard to say when we still have no info on it :/

Though I'm not sure why it's a bad thing to 'tease as something completely new' ?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Soundwave said:
Actually 9-10 year old boys in particular are crazy about the Playstation brand because they desperately want to be playing games their mom would say no to (ie: Grand Theft Auto).

Nintendo ironically while thy do aim for kids, sure it doesn't surprise me that their actual fan base might adults.

I've never seen a kid buying an Amiibo toy ... it's *always* 20-30 something males, lol.

nah u exaggerate.

9-10 year old dont (for the most part) want to play cod and co on playstation. I guess that are the 13-18 year olds. 

hoala said:
Ck1x said:

This is where you really come off as though Nintendo molested you or something... Your data that you are spewing is baseless and Nintendo has even proven withactually charts that the most active WiiU users 20-38 year old males. Kids get iPad's from parents, I wish you pathetic debaters would stop trying to use this as a reason something won't sell. Just admit that you have no clue what the NX is, so there's really no point in having an opinion yet!

Ah so thats why all their advertisment comes on nickelodeon ?

Thats why almost all their titles are rated e?

Thats why their latest xmas advertisment was THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0cW2aAytFU ?

Thats why Splatoon got no voice chat? Because 20-32 years old talk bad in voice chat?

On the Nintendo World Championchip there was a child that said how awesome he think splatoon is. Check it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myWd526uKyo

Thats their main audience. That doesnt mean 20-32 arnt allowed to game on that system, but they are definitly not the main audience. 20-32 most likely prefer games like witcher 3 with deep und dark storys. Something nintendo never did.

You really aren't doing a great job of arguing your points of why the NX will flop. Just saying so doesn't make it true! E for everyone ratings mean just that, for everyone! How dense dose a person have to be to twist that into meaning something else. So kids like Splatoon, so what they also like CoD also... Games not having voicechat on WiiU built in I believe is more of a OS limitation than it is anything else. It needs a system wide party chat feature and I'm not sure the WiiU could really handlearn that. But why blame the NX for the WiiU's shortcomings? Most people are writing this system off as a flop, but if it's a great success does that make it another Nintendo fluke. You guys love to call any success Nintendo sees as a fluke simply because everyone isn't blinded by your perpetual hate towards the company, because Mario isn't toting a gun, or Link isn't raping unicorns, or Samus isn't running around in a bikini in outer space. Real mature and clever gaming there!!!

hoala said:
mountaindewslave said:

funny having an 'opinion' about something flopping that you know literally NOTHING about.

Release in march 2017 world wide

Native Gaming device

Runs Zelda Wii U

Made by Nintendo

I know something about it and thats enough for this prognose. Even with the best nintendo lineup ever (new 3d Mario, New Metroid prime game, new mario kart, new pokemon, new Smash) and Titan X´s performance it would flop imo. It istn important.

we know nothing, honest question, you think is going to be a flop, or do you want a flop?