By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU SALES UP!---360 Price DROP--Fails or NOT??

Legend11 said:
Microsoft is hiring people to help with a new push for the 360 in Europe.

I can't see how they will change the situation..

Around the Network

First - there are no price cuts in all Europe countries.
Second - In many Europe countries with price cuts there are no 360 on the market to buy.
The situation is very suspicious. I wander what MS are planning?

Legend11 said:
Microsoft is hiring people to help with a new push for the 360 in Europe.

so, how much are they going to pay you. Congrats anyway.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Not a great spike for the 360, considering the size of the price drop.

It looks as though the PS3 will remain king amongst the HD consoles in Europe.

i guess people were right when they said 2008 is the year of ps3 because even with the xbox 360 price cuts it still cant beat it in overall sales

PSN: Metra17

Games: Uncharted, Burnout Paradise, COD4, Motorstorm, Rockband

Around the Network

Not great, not terrible. I expected a higher jump but it's not really surprising given the month. This is the time of year when videogaming goes to die. Unless a system is massively popular like the Wii, there aren't going to be any massive spikes unless a blockbuster game releases.

If in three weeks the 360 is back down to sub-50k levels in Others, then it is definitely a failure. If it stays around 60k/week, it's not that bad.

Time will tell.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

BrayanA said:
First - there are no price cuts in all Europe countries.
Second - In many Europe countries with price cuts there are no 360 on the market to buy.
The situation is very suspicious. I wander what MS are planning?

Man that is rich, not even the most extreme Xbots would try to claim that 360 is sold out in some countries.  HAHA man that has gotta be some of the best PR spin.  MS cuts the price of XB360 in areas where it is sold out.  They would have to be retarded to make price cuts in markets where it is sold out.

So my question to you is why would MS cut the price when they are sold out in a specific area? 

smbu2000 said:

360 sales in Others:

2 weeks ago: 41,146 (pre-price drop)

1 week ago: 54,281 (+32% from the previous week) (2 days price drop sales)

This week: 68,542 (+26% from the previous week) (1st full week of price drop sales)

In total about a 66% increase from 2 weeks ago numbers to this weeks numbers. Not too bad, but we'll have to wait to see if the increase is sustained or if it drops back to pre-price drop levels to measure the success of this price drop.

Notice how a post with some signifigant information is ignored.  The 360 price drop occurred the week before and certainly that week had very poor sales before the Friday price drop.  What will be important to see is if the 360 sales stay higher. That is all.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

starcraft said:
Given the weight of the Euro against the dollar, and the fact Microsoft had hardly cut the 360's Europe price at all until two weeks ago, they could easily afford another drop at the end of the year, albeit a smaller one, without losing console profitability.

Microsoft cut the 360 price 50 euros last summer in Europe.As 50 euros are about 75 dollars its had in fact cut the price more than in US.Now they have cut the price 80 euros (120 dollars) and with little improvement in its sales .I think they have profited these two weeks from some thousand of people who wanted the console and perceived the price cut as the right moment to jump in ,but sales will fall again in next weeks to slighty above the previous levels .

I told it before the 360 not succeding in Europe isnt too  much related with price but with brandname and perception of the machine .Mass market wont go after a machine with a subscription model online ,mass market wont support a machine with bad reliability fame ,mass market wont support a Microsoft machine after the bad image Microsoft has here ,mass market wont support a machine that for all intends is a PC and nearly all its games are on the PC .

Price helps but not so much ,in fact this will be looked as an desperation act .In fact it isnt even a price cut ,we have been able for months to buy the Premium with Viva Piñata ,Forza 2 and 2 pads for 299 euros .....this "official " price of 270 alone isnt a good deal .

PS3 next week will have a monster success ,its unbeliable the amount of people that is buying the machine with the GT5p bundle .Only in the forums there are dozens of posters saying so and asking things about the machine in advance to properly configure it when they buy it .If and when Sony drops the price Microsoft will start to know what is being severly outsold .

Diomedes1976 said:
starcraft said:
Given the weight of the Euro against the dollar, and the fact Microsoft had hardly cut the 360's Europe price at all until two weeks ago, they could easily afford another drop at the end of the year, albeit a smaller one, without losing console profitability.

Microsoft cut the 360 price 50 euros last summer in Europe.As 50 euros are about 75 dollars its had in fact cut the price more than in US.Now they have cut the price 80 euros (120 dollars) and with little improvement in its sales .I think they have profited these two weeks from some thousand of people who wanted the console and perceived the price cut as the right moment to jump in ,but sales will fall again in next weeks to slighty above the previous levels .

I told it before the 360 not succeding in Europe isnt too much related with price but with brandname and perception of the machine .Mass market wont go after a machine with a subscription model online ,mass market wont support a machine with bad reliability fame ,mass market wont support a Microsoft machine after the bad image Microsoft has here ,mass market wont support a machine that for all intends is a PC and nearly all its games are on the PC .

Price helps but not so much ,in fact this will be looked as an desperation act .In fact it isnt even a price cut ,we have been able for months to buy the Premium with Viva Piñata ,Forza 2 and 2 pads for 299 euros .....this "official " price of 270 alone isnt a good deal .

PS3 next week will have a monster success ,its unbeliable the amount of people that is buying the machine with the GT5p bundle .Only in the forums there are dozens of posters saying so and asking things about the machine in advance to properly configure it when they buy it .If and when Sony drops the price Microsoft will start to know what is being severly outsold .

Exactly.