By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you angry with Nintendo?

Tagged games:

Well, are you?

Yes, I am. I'd punch Nin... 70 21.47%

Yes, I am. No need to get violent, though. 48 14.72%

I guess I am. Ugh. 19 5.83%

Nah...I do feel disappointed, though. 65 19.94%

Nah. It was expected, I guess. 28 8.59%

Not really. It's for the better. 39 11.96%

No, they're actually doi... 24 7.36%

Would you kindly show me the results? 33 10.12%

Total:326

I'm the same place as I was before.

Around the Network

im not angry, but I was prepared to play Zelda NX this holiday season, it's ok, ill wait 3 or 4 months. I don't want a rushed console.

I'd say disappointment is more of a fair word than angry.

Basically all the news was bad, because even for the "Wii U has a longer life cycle!" camp .... it's obvious they don't plan on supporting the Wii U with crap in the coming year, so basically Nintendo has written off the last two years.

So if that's what they were going to do, I'd rather the NX launch earlier than sit around with nothing to play for what's going to be like another 10 months now.

Also nothing at E3 means we probably now have to wait until the fall before Nintendo seriously shows what the NX is, which is going to be a painful, dry wait. They've really stretched this whole thing out terribly.

What the heck is a count down calendar and why is that an actual game.

t3mporary_126 said:
What the heck is a count down calendar and why is that an actual game.

Blame Nintendo.

Around the Network

10/10
Would make a crow related bet again :P

At times like this, yeah I get angry, but only within the first hour or two of their terrible choices/announcements, nothing violent, just anger, but after that is just plain disappointment. At this point I don't expect anything from Nintendo because I know we're just going downhill from now on.

I can't really be mad because there's still so much I don't know about. I'll wait till they finally release more information like they said they would for this year. They did not promise me anything so all I have to do is keep an open mind and see what is in store for the long term future. As for the short term future? It's a bummer, but I can understand why. Because right now, the Wii U is going nowhere even if Nintendo restocks, release Zelda U for the holidays, etc. It's too late to turn the course of the Wii U's fate and they've already released a load amount of games from their own studios (and with the help of their respective partners). It's like asking Michael Jordan to keep playing when you're down by 50 by the end of the third quarter of a basketball game. What's the point?

Nintendo wants to create a scenario where it can establish its long term future. Yes Miitomo is generating money off 10 million people but that's not the true purpose of it. It's there to expose people to Nintendo and its IPs, along with the likes of My Nintendo, the theme parks, toys, anime, movies, etc. NX is being built as a new platform and Nintendo wants to be able to get it right. Will they? I don't know since relying on history is useless as the Wii and Wii U showed interest can change. Nothing's guaranteed nor completely predictable.

Honestly, I think Kimishima wants his N64 days back, with the sales of the NES and SNES to say the least. One top of that, I think he wants, or at least has it in his mind to completely dominate the market. It's absolutely ridiculous with how much they are investing in the NX. Nintendo never pulled this shit with a console before. Hell, I don't think and video game company abandoned a system months before the release of another system.

I do think it's a good thing that they are doing this, recovering and building up for a big comeback. But if the NX fails, it's going to kick them in the ass very hard. I do have a gut feeling that it's going to be a hit, I don't know why, but I think Nintendo is going to pull some bullshit out of their asses, in a good way.

Yes, I do wish that they would reveal the NX at E3, but I suspect they want to keep their cards very close to their chest so the competition doesn't try to counter what ever they have planned. Yes, I also think it's bullshit that they are using Zelda as a carrot stick for their hadcore fans to upgrade. I'm calling it right now. They are either going to cancel it for the Wii U, or straight up shit in a game case and release a completely inferior version that it's going to look like an insult to Wii U owners. Why would they invest in what is possibly one of their biggest games of all times in a system that they are dropping dead in the waters and pissing it all away. If you think Wii U owners are pissed about the news today, just wait until closer to the launch of the NX.

No not really. I was somewhat expecting it to happen. I just hope the NX turns out well.