By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is NX off to a bad start? Destined to flop? or just a slow starter?

How will NX sell when it launches?

Hot cakes baby! 40 18.02%

Slow starter, but sales pick up fast! 35 15.77%

Sales wise, its launch will match the Wii Us. 41 18.47%

wtf nintendo? no E3 revea... 106 47.75%

Total:222
Jumpin said:
E3 is over the hill. I've been saying it for a long time now. Gamescom is the big show now.

However, Ninty hasn't really dug into Gamescom yet have they?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Even with all these "hints" of a possible 2016 release, I usually don't go by these assumptions or rumors until I hear it from Nintendo themselves. If they feel that the system will be ready by early 2017, so be it. As for E3, they probably though that having to show the NX while sharing the limelight with Sony and Microsoft would be detrimental to their cause to increase excitement and attention towards the NX. Thus they probably will create a separate event later in ththe year to give NX all the time in the world and people will have more than enough time to focus on that particular hard are instead of going back and forth between the big three at E3.

i cant believe so many people thought it would be 2016. even the great RolStoppable was tricked into thinking a 2016 release was inevitable.

Nem said:
I always said that they didnt have the resources to do it.

"Everyone" thought they were magic workers.

you always talked a lot of sense regarding this topic imo. i think most people were just going with whatever "sounded good"

"Nintendo needs to do this, nintendo needs to do that, and if they dont, theyre going third party and theyll go bankrupt." people just spout out the first thing that comes into their brains, hence the massive amount of 2016 launch proponents

I hope it is a success. I don't want to see them fail again.

Around the Network

I'm mostly just hoping that John Lucas will show up to tell us how the NX will sell 240 million units lifetime.

Turkish said:

It's simple: If Nintendo was confident about the console and its line-up they would launch during the holidays. A March launch says they're scared of the competition and limits it to the hardcore Nintendo fanbase (who'd buy it any time of the year) as the mainstream would've spent their money months prior.

Skipping holiday suggests to me they're not going all in, thing won't even be at E3. Sounds like really bad news.

Or maybe the hardware just isn't ready development-wise and Nintendo needs more time to work out any potential kinks?

I'd much rather Nintendo release a functional console than rush it out for the holidays.

I truly don't understand not unveiling it at E3, unless they'd rather have their own event for the sole spotlight.

I also feel that March is totally fine for a release.

Miyamotoo said:
Kimishima: No NX this holiday to ensure proper lineup
http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-no-nx-this-holiday-to-ensure-proper-lineup-not-just-a-wii-u-3ds-successor/

But I was really looking forward to Nintendo Land 2 and Steel Diver NX...

Have a nice day...

leedlelee said:
Miyamotoo said:
Kimishima: No NX this holiday to ensure proper lineup
http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-no-nx-this-holiday-to-ensure-proper-lineup-not-just-a-wii-u-3ds-successor/

But I was really looking forward to Nintendo Land 2 and Steel Diver NX...

I would love Nintendo Land 2, Nintendo Land is great game but they need much stronger titles also.