By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is NX off to a bad start? Destined to flop? or just a slow starter?

How will NX sell when it launches?

Hot cakes baby! 40 18.02%

Slow starter, but sales pick up fast! 35 15.77%

Sales wise, its launch will match the Wii Us. 41 18.47%

wtf nintendo? no E3 revea... 106 47.75%

Total:222

You know,I still think I'm gonna get it. If it has the definately version of Zelda U. So +1 zelda nx -1 zelda u I guess.

Around the Network

With all of your wisdom, too bad you don't work for Harmonix.  Everything you cited made Rockband 4 a disaster that really never took off as expected. Delay for perfection used to be the norm, but not in these cash-grab-despite-the-reputation times we live in now.

E3 is over the hill. I've been saying it for a long time now. Gamescom is the big show now.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It just shows how rumors are just fucking rumors. Some is true some isn't.

The whole 2016 thing was used soooo many times which made people believed it.

It really shows how Nintendo is keeping everything tight and within their control.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ostro said:

I don't understand why most people (who shout out on the net) are upset about the date.

Nintendo avoids or might avoid:
- rushing the thing to be ready in time for Christmas
- lots of people being disappointed with a weak launch line-up/first 6 months because games aren't ready
- an insanely huge first day system update
- too many users signing in during the first few days of the NX and the new online network making it crash and people being upset
and hasn't talked about the NX at all so people don't know anything about it, there wasn't even a date before.

This is all clever to me, especially when they can slowly build it up for a proper Christmas 2017.
This is very Nintendo-like actually, I wish more companies would think and act like that and not only look at what's best for the quick money. In the end, customers need to be satisfied and a smooth image is worth more than a quick cash-in. It just baffles me how the world actually seems to want companies to be assholes and rush an unfinished product to the market with a ton of flaws and resulting effects when it's just about a 3 months wait for something they didn't even know when it was coming in the first place. Hardware and sofware always needs to be tested and pushed out slowly. It doesn't work well with a sudden userbase of millions of people during the first week. Slow and steady for a steady system. I hate all of my current consoles for not being steady at all and will love the NX just for that if Nintendo is intending what I believe.

This.

Around the Network

Nintendo not talking about the NX at E3 is very strange.. hard to build up hype for a console if we still won't get more information about it.. Nintendo really needs to learn that the 'surprising-your-fans" method only works for some cases and this is not one of them..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

The fact that is not going to be revealed at E3 is a bad start.

I always said that they didnt have the resources to do it.

"Everyone" thought they were magic workers.

Kimishima: No NX this holiday to ensure proper lineup
http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-no-nx-this-holiday-to-ensure-proper-lineup-not-just-a-wii-u-3ds-successor/

Soundwave said:
spemanig said:
Nah. Plenty of tech release in Spring to good sales. What's cool about this is Nintendo is basically sticking it to E3 and will likely have their own venue instead. I guess they could also have a direct since it's supposed to be changing format this year, and this may be what that is for. Maybe the change in format is that it's live. Who knows.

Spring hasn't been kind to video games launches. Sega Saturn was the last console to try launching in spring. 

3DS was the last portable. 

Both launches went sour very quickly. 

It's not the opitmal time, but if Nintendo can't make holiday 2016, then it is what it is. No sense in burning an entire half fiscal year by waiting until holiday 2017 for the next bus to come, you may as well start walking. 

Knowing Nintendo they probably badly want Dragon Quest XI on day 1 too ... so that might have factored into the unusual release date, waiting too long maybe would've given Sony an unintended exclusivity window on the game for no reason if we assume that the game is say a spring 2016 release. 

Also vita was launched in Spring