By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: Zelda Wii U is Zeldelayed to 2017 [No longer listed as March 2017]

tak13 said:
Dr.Vita said:
Another delay??? And again for one whole year???
The current situation for the game isn't looking good...

:O

Someone would expect this comment to come from a Nintendo fan/gamer, as far as I know, you are neither of these... Why the concern then?

What are you? The comment police?.....Why the concern with his level of concern?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
leedlelee said:
Apparently I'm the only person here who's not even a little bit surprised...

No, no, there's at least two of us, been saying this all along, especially when they refused to show any gameplay for such a long time. I wonder if people will ever learn that "we promise the game is coming -xxx date or year-" does not mean anything in this day and age.

Metrium said:
Today's announcement made me realise something that I thought as a nintendo fanboy would never say in my entire life... I just don't care about nintendo anymore, they effed up to bad to many times, I'm tired of their senseless shenanigans.

Only 1 playable game at E3? Don't care.
Zelda delayed for the 3rd time while we still know nothing about the game... Don't care.
My WiiU that I payed 350$ at launch seem to have seen it's last new game of it's lifecycle... Don't care.
Nintendo will not offer me a single interesting game for the next year aside from Pokémon Sun/Moon... Don't care.

LipeJJ said:
Zeldelayed should really be a new word. "OMG, they might have Zeldelayed Horizon to 2017". :c

But really, this is beyond bad now. And this could have been better if they didn't promise it to 2016 just a few months back in that teaser. All this big delays hurt them, cause who the hell will trust Nintendo now when it comes to release dates?

I approve these posts.

Note to self: Next time they announce a Zelda game, I need to get excited 4 years after announcement.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Kjartan said:
This is really stupid, if the game is ready for the Wii U just release it and then remaster it for the NX with more levels/dlc/wathever. It worked for The Last Of Us.

If the NX relies that much on Zelda for being successful then I actually worried about their line-up.

This exactly.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

F-YOU NINTENDO!

Hey guys, let's take it easy. It's been a crazy day, but let's be careful not to cross the line or backseat moderate.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMBBVAAeALY&feature=youtu.be

<=== To be continued.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

This is bad news. This means nothing else but some lame filler content for these holidays. Anything bigger would likely be announced already.

They should have let the Wii U go out with a decent or even good holiday so that some kind of enthusiasm can be transferred to the coming NX.

Now everyone knows that their most loyal Wii U customers are getting the shaft for the new platform. A rather bad way to leverage existing customers to the new platform.

When you think about it, Nintendo's always pretty much had crappy software on the last years of their consoles. I can't think of a great first party NES game that came out in 1991, SNES game that came out in 1996, N64 game that came out in 2001 or a Wii game that came out in 2012. Maybe DKC3 on SNES? But that game was pretty lackluster compared to the first two and reviewed much lower.

This is on par with how they do things.

Barkley said:
Blood_Tears said:
This is good news for Sony and Microsoft during the holiday quarter. Especially Sony with PSVR and Neo.

Yeah... potential holiday lineups....

Sony: 

PlayStation 4 NEO?
PSVR
Gran Turismo Sport
Horizon (rumoured delayed)
Gravity Rush 2
Dreams
Hellblade
Persona 5

Microsoft:

XBO Slim?
Gears of War 4
Forza Horizon 3
Halo Wars 2
Sea of Thieves
Recore

Nintendo:
Paper Mario Color Splash

With Handhelds Nintendo also has Pokemon, Dragon Quest and Metroid Federation Force but it's not exactly great is it....

Don´t forget NiOH and Nier Automata of which ones already has a 2016 release date and the other might get one

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Hiku said:
Nautilus said:

If it were yesterday, I would have called you a madman and moved on.But goddammit, you probably are right.Nintendo dug themselves in a PR disaster, and if the rumour about E3 is true, I really cant see them getting out of it, unless NX is the next messias...

Well according to SuperMetalDaves list, Paper Mario was the only new game for WiiU in development. But Nintendo has claimed that they'll "support" the WiiU even when NX comes out. Assuming that's not DLC updates but actual games, they might start working on a new low budget game or two now for the holidays, like Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis.
I can see that happening.

Pfffff.If thats the case, its the same as having no game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

LipeJJ said:
Hey guys, let's take it easy. It's been a crazy day, but let's be careful not to cross the line or backseat moderate.

I think laughing at this it's the best way to handled it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile