By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - With PS4K, Does The PS4 Have Any Exclusives?

Sony is so stupid. Just imagine the worst case scenario, no one buying PS4s anymore because it has no exclusives and instead they're buying the PS4K. Then suddenly all the money goes to Sony instead of Sony. They're basically ruining themselves and their brand!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Sony is so stupid. Just imagine the worst case scenario, no one buying PS4s anymore because it has no exclusives and instead they're buying the PS4K. Then suddenly all the money goes to Sony instead of Sony. They're basically ruining themselves and their brand!

Sounds alot like MS and there WIn10 and Xbox ecosystem. Remember when everyone jumped on MS saying how much they hate them and they dont trust them, yet they go out and buy there games on WIn10 because they think there hurting MS lol

I get what you're saying, but nothing good comes out of mixing one silly agenda with another. And of course people will contradict themselves based on those agendas. Look at all the shit MS caught here when they were rumored to be making Xbone upgrades, and how far less slack Sony has caught.

The difference here is a Windows PC is an entirely different type of device in a completely different market. The PS4K is just a small upgrade to the PS4. You are, however, spot on about how people shouldn't make a fuss about one and not the other. The people coming in here trying to tell you you're wrong because a PS4K and PC are so completely different, are really just making the argument that Xbone games on PC are not nearly as big a deal as they were making it out to be.

I gotta say you never cease to amaze me Zero, and not in a good way.

To answer your question i think it's pretty obvious.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I get what you're saying, but nothing good comes out of mixing one silly agenda with another. And of course people will contradict themselves based on those agendas. Look at all the shit MS caught here when they were rumored to be making Xbone upgrades, and how far less slack Sony has caught.

The difference here is a Windows PC is an entirely different type of device in a completely different market. The PS4K is just a small upgrade to the PS4. You are, however, spot on about how people shouldn't make a fuss about one and not the other. The people coming in here trying to tell you you're wrong because a PS4K and PC are so completely different, are really just making the argument that Xbone games on PC are not nearly as big a deal as they were making it out to be.

You're painting with an awfully broad brush.  Disagreeing with the OP that W10 and Xbox One are the same platform doesn't necessarily have to do with anything else.  I know I don't really care much about the "exclusive or not" argument because it's mostly a waste of time and energy.  

My only argument is that W10/XO is not directly comparably to PS4/NEO at this point in time.

Around the Network

So based on this silly theory, 3DS has no exclusives and stopped to sell when new 3DS has been released ? It would be such à flop.

People have became so desperate to defend their console that they compare à new sku of thé same console with thé same games( that will likely become thé new basic model ) to a PC, sad.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

zero129 said:

So with the release of the PS4k coming up or PS4 Neo going by how you want to call it.

Does the original PS4 now have no exclusives??.

Is sony allowing their PS4 games to be playable on their other more powerful platform now damaging to their brand?.

Its like this

Sony PS4 --->PS4k if you want more power

MS Xbox1 -->Windows10 PC if you want more power.

Kind of a relevant argument actually, but it points more to how silly the whole "exclusive" argument usually is. Exclusive in my book means games that cannot be played on the competition´s consoles, which makes X1/W10 games exclusives to Microsoft for example. So I would say that the PSNeo games are Sony exclusives.

EDIT: And I think it´s important to note that both X1 and W10 PCs run W10.

zero129 said:

Same way (If the rumors are true) the PS4k will not be running the "Exact" same code as the PS4 if they want to take advantage of PS4k features .

Also do you want to take a sig bet that no PS5 game will be playable on the PS4??

No thank you, it's clear that your failing to see my point ... 

Aerys said:

So based on this silly theory, 3DS has no exclusives and stopped to sell when new 3DS has been released ? It would be such à flop.

People have became so desperate to defend their console that they compare à new sku of thé same console with thé same games( that will likely become thé new basic model ) to a PC, sad.

This right here answers your question, and if this is the case that you say provides that PS4 ands PS4K are different, then every PC ever made has never had any exclusives @zero129.

Can it be played on a PS4 and an Upgraded PS4K but nothing else hmmm what does that sound like ... 
Your argument is saying that Games Like LoL and Dota arent exclusive because I upgraded my GPU in my PC, even though you literally cannot play these games on an Xbox, PS, or nintendo console (though it is available on Macs)

Does that Answer your Question? @zero129

zero129 said:
Intrinsic said:

Ok. understand this. 

The PC has long since been an open platform. even tho it ran Windows. Then MS decides to come and try and lock everyone behind its windows stores. Basically trying g to replace steam. THAT IS WHAT GOT PEOPLE UP IN ARMS. 

And this thing you keep saying about playing XB1 games on Windows 10. Answer this, how many XB1 games are being realsed on Windows 10? 

First no one is locked behind the MS store or else steam still wouldnt be getting so many games. However MS has locked their own exclusives into their own store the same way Sony has their exclusives locked into the PS eco system.

Also to your 2nd point your kinda defending my argument against the ones who said MS is loosing all exclusives .

man I don't know, this is all so surreal. 

ok...... do you know that Microsoft doesn't get any more from games released on Windows platforms? there are no licensing fees for Windows software. 

That is why MS wants people buying games through the windows store. cause that way they get something if the games. They also tried something a while back called GFL something. but that's been discontinued. 

But let's look at something else. 

Actually nevermind. this is pointless.