By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is heavily censored

I literally might have a heart attack if Mother 3 comes stateside untouched at this point

Around the Network

Thinking of this as heavy censorship is ridiculous. Saying that this game will be terrible because of it is too. However, censorship is still censorship and shouldn't be done, no matter what. For fuck's sake, if the developers want it to be this way then why censor it.

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Roronaa_chan said:
Another reason why no games should be released on Nintendo systems

Atlus is the one handling the localization, though, not Nintendo.

the rumors which  predicted everything right so far says that NoA is supervisioning the localisation

they raised all the characters age over 18 as well

Sex sells and it always will.
It's an Atlus Jrpg, set in Tokyo with pop idols, seriously... The game is niche anyway and they still bother to tease one of their target groups like that? Especially after everything Nintendo did before?
There is always the option to buy it used. Of course I want this great game but if I also want this, should I say, "anti-boob agenda" to change, than I'd totally think about that.

tsogud said:

Atlus is in charge of this game's localization not Nintendo...

Anyway I wouldn't say it's heavily censored, going by those three pics.

Kinda. 

"Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was localized by Atlus in a way that is consistent with the localization work they do on games they publish,” reads a statement from Nintendo of America. “It was a priority to ensure the game feels familiar and appeals to longtime Atlus fans. Any changes made to the in-game content were due to varying requirements and regulations in the many different territories Nintendo distributes its products."

So, Nintendo still to blame for any censorship (duh). Atlus handling the localization means we won't have any crappy memes for dialogue.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
At this point, Nintendo games being censored might as well be a meme.

Considering its already in their genes, I doubt it'll cause a scene, right?. :D

I hate censorship.... but as long as its just small clothes outfit changes... well okay.
I dont wanna support nintendo doing this, but on the other hand I really want this game.

Does censorship or "heavily censored" always means Sex/sexual content?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Makes me wonder how a Catherine-like game on Nintendo systems would end up as.

Wright said:

Makes me wonder how a Catherine-like game on Nintendo systems would end up as.

Nintendo seems not to be "prude", look at Bayonetta 2 or the outfits for the mature characters in Xenoblade X or Fatal Frame 5.

But many recent Japanese JRPGs tend to portray very young girls almost nude and overly sexualized. Something that's simply not acceptable in most western countries.