By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is heavily censored

It's just cosmetic stuff. It's not like it's essential to the game or anything.

Around the Network

I'm not trying to marginalize people who have an issue with this, but calling this HEAVY cencorship? Really?
If you think this is heavy cencorship you've obviously never seen any actual heavy cencorship. Like the restricted internet access in china or the ridiculous lenghs Iraninan creatives have to go to to realize even tiny parts of their vision.

Yes, they took tiny bits of sexualisation out of this, meanwhile in countrys with actual heavy cencorship people arent even allowed to have men and women on the same stage.

Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I get tired from the outrage some people are prepared to throw at the tiniest things, while actual impactful, real life issues are going on.

As far as we know, this does nothing to impact, either story, message or gameplay.

There might be an imortant story reason for their sexualization (although I doubt it seeing japanense developers track record on that *cough*quiet*cough*) and in that case if something imortant get's lost that would suck.
If it's a purely visual change I'm ok with it. No one cried cencorship when they redesigned Lara for the Tomb Raider definitive edition either. Creatives make decisions. Sometime they change their minds. Sometimes they try to appeal to certain markets. None of that is something to get seriously worked up over.

This isn't the most heavily censored Atlus published game, that award goes to Persona Revelations on the PS1.
Anyway, I had hoped that Atlus wouldn't have censored this, but oh well, that's what I've come to expect from the Wii U at this point. I'm just hoping they keep Persona 5 the way it is when it makes its way to the west.

Phew, I was scared when I read the title. We certainly have different opinions about what's "heavily" censored XD.

99.9% of people don't care less about it and will buy the game and enjoy it the other 0.1% will moan about it all the time still buy the game and enjoy it just as much then carry on moaning about it.

/closed

Around the Network

I think calling the game "heavily" censored is misleading.

Another reason why no games should be released on Nintendo systems

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Roronaa_chan said:
Another reason why no games should be released on Nintendo systems

Atlus is the one handling the localization, though, not Nintendo.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

Atlus is the one handling the localization, though, not Nintendo.

Shitty move on Atlus's part then since boobies are my favourite part of a women and this does no favours for Nintendo's cencorship image ...

Not surprising, but based on the tweet is unfair to call it "heavily" censored.