By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TEKKEN 7's new graphical presentation is awesome!

I have not been following Tekken 7 at all so excuse me if this old news, but I watched the Nina trailer just to check her design out was treated to something else:

old version

That filter really makes the art direction pop and adds much more than just boring hi res 3D models would. I would love to see a JRPG use a presentation like the Nina trailer. 

Around the Network

I like technical fighting games, taken being at the top of the list. Looking forward to playing, and Tekken is at the top of my list.

yeah they upgraded the graphics long time ago. It looks better than all 2D fighting games except SF5 maybe and its redndered in full 3D

trasharmdsister12 said:
Robtommy34 said:
I like technical fighting games, taken being at the top of the list. Looking forward to playing, and Tekken is at the top of my list.

I love the way the grappling system handles a lot. What do you like about it? Which characters? I enjoy playing with King and Marduk most.

@OP: It's looking much improved and I'm looking forward to it. It looks to flow a bit more like DoA (laugh it up, it was my favourite fighting franchise during 2-4) so this looks great to me.

I like the Mishimas, power karate is a great fighting style.  I like Jins style of being a jack at all trades, but liked the way he played in Tekken 4 the most, being able to just keep hitting you over and over and over; having a super fast reset in other words. 

The grappling system is fine, again it's a technical fighter so you'll have more options while not having chance really play as much of a role like EA'S UFC games.  Grappling is essential bc it keeps the opponent from guessing your next move, it's not all about moves and combos.  

BraLoD said:
I hope Tekken can get some of this former glory back.
Ever since 3 I don't see much love surronding it, hope 7 is the one to get it back on the popularity tracks.

I think that it will continue to improve, popularity however, won't get too much better, bc there is more competition now for gamers wanting a technical fighting game.  Before tekken, games like mortal combat and Sweet fighter were the big thing, fun games but they emphasized fun over technique.  

So it will be a mixed future for Tekken, but not all bad, fortunately. 

Around the Network

Hmmm this is one of my most anticipated games and yes the game looks stunning but DAMN can they NOT improve that snow effect??? I mean, it's so PS2...the animation is inexcusable. The snow isn't affected by how the fighters fight and walk through it.

Hope they fix it for PS4.

Damn I can't wait to be obsessed by the game!!!

Is she fighting in a wedding dress? Anyway, I lost interest in Tekken years ago, found the DoA franchise to be more fun, fast-paced and slightly more varied in fighting styles.